WarnerMedia seeks an Analyst for the HR Services Payroll Settlement & Accounting department. The Analyst for Payroll Settlement & Accounting works collaboratively with Payroll, Payroll Tax, Finance, and other third-party groups to process check cancellations, stop payments, cancellations with the bank and other related processes. This individual is responsible for analyzing, researching, and resolving issues and addressing related settlement and accounting inquiries. This individual will monitor the payroll general ledger accounts and obtain and log supporting documentation for journal entries and account reconciliations. He/she will participate in special projects when required.The Daily
- Perform account reconciliation against the general ledger and balance sheet, liaising with Payroll, Payroll Tax and Pension Teams to analyze and resolve discrepancies.
- Perform check printing through integration to Bottomline Check Management and print other checks (e.g., Worker's Compensation Checks).
- Research and monitor payroll outstanding items on a regular basis. Ensure the transactions are appropriately adjusted in the Workday and or journal entries have been posted in applicable financial system. If required, liaise with Payroll Tax to issue updated tax documents.
- Perform monthly financial close audits and ensure journal entries have been posted in applicable financial system.
- Supports internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external and internal auditors.
- Provides excellent customer service in researching and responding to inquiries from employees, agencies, and other internal/external parties.
- Participates in testing of payroll system or process changes and enhancements.
- Supports the Payroll Settlement & Accounting Manager, with other projects and tasks as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field or equivalent combination of work experience required.
- CPP, CPA or FPC certification preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Workday HR/payroll required.
- Minimum 2 years related experience in data analysis or error correction required
- Minimum 5 years related experience in payroll processes required.
- Understanding of federal and state regulations related to salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, and other payroll related matters required.
- Payroll software implementation experience preferred.
- Experience with Workday HR/payroll integration and mass data change uploads (EIB) preferred.
- Experience with systems and processes related to union payroll processing required.
- Previous experience in a confidential business environment strongly preferred.
- Experience with a large multi-business unit organization is a plus.
- Experience working in a shared services organization is a plus.
- Knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must have excellent analytical skills.
- Must have excellent attention to details.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player.
- Must be able to handle a high volume in a fast-paced environment.
181911BRArea of Interest
Film Production and DistributionLocation
United States - California - Burbank Position Type
Full TimeBusiness Unit
WB HR ServicesCompany Overview
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.