Analyst, Operations FP&AUTC Aerospace Systems, a division of United Technologies, is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. UTC Aerospace Systems employs approximately 42,000 people worldwide with approximate annual sales of $14 billion.
The Electric, Engine & Environmental Systems (ES) business is one of UTC Aerospace Systems largest business units and is well positioned to provide career growth and job opportunities. ES has annual sales of over $4B and 20+ operations sites around the world. One of the largest business units within ES is GEAI (Global Engines Airframe and Industrials) with annual sales of ~ $800M and 9 operating units. The GEAI business is seeking a candidate for the role of Operations FP&A Analyst. The GEAI Finance group is responsible for all FP&A functions related to the Operations sites, including Productivity tracking, Cost per Hour, Strategic Footprint savings, Capex and Inventory. The group’s roles include:
- Providing guidance to the plant sites in terms of financial planning and forecasting
- Analyzing actual results and forecasts to identify opportunities for EBIT and Cashflow growth for the business
- Presents business results, plans and recommendations to GEAI and ES Senior Leadership.
The group gets a high level of visibility, and works cross functionally with various groups in Operations and Finance across GEAI and ES. The role provides the unique opportunity to become well versed in the cost structure of a dynamic business.
Promote businesspartnerships across the business unit andfinance leadership teams through active collaboration, support, validation and challenge of strategic and tactical activities.
- Budgeting and deep analysis on Operations Cost per Hour, Capex and Inventory for 20+ global operations sites
- Build tools to assist worldwide operations sites with productivity, cost, inventory and investment analysis
- Track and report on product savings
- Coordinate annual Capex waterline process
- Interface with Sales, Inventory and Ops Planning (SIOP) teams on Inventory metrics; identify opportunities for turnover and velocity improvement through the shops
- Embrace and support all ACE requirements and initiatives to drive process improvements throughout the business.
- BS degree, Finance or Accounting required
- Master’s, MBA and/or CPApreferred
- 5+ years of professional experience in financial setting
- Ideal candidate will have an awareness of UTC process and policies, ACE, US GAAP, and operations finance
- SAPexperience highly recommended
- Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Clear and effective communication, both written and verbal to ensure understanding of complex concepts
- Success orientated individual comfortable in matrixed organization with competing priorities
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.