The Metrics and Reporting Analyst II is responsible for data management, analysis, and reporting for Brokerage Operations within TD AMERITRADE. This position will be responsible for providing and presenting strategic and actionable reporting for various target audiences across Brokerage Operations, including productivity and service level analysis, key performance metrics, and staffing forecasts utilizing statistical software and statistics principles. In addition, this position will facilitate data consolidation across multiple data sources, develop and implement process automation and improvement, and will frequently provide periodic and recurring reporting for Executive Management which may be presented to the Senior Operating Committee.
Additional collaboration with various functional groups including Think Tech, Business Intelligence, Finance, Corporate Services, Project Management and Process Improvement is common and the Analyst will be expected to become familiar with the operational structures of, and work with those groups in both executing and consulting roles.
The Analyst will utilize various tools including Crystal Reports, Business Objects, WinSQL, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Access, as well as have familiarity with SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and Netezza databases.
A day in the life of this position is extremely diverse and can span across a wide range of functions, from very simple to highly complex. Analysts are expected to manage their daily workload and have a high degree of autonomy. They are expected to respond to incoming work as well as proactively capture opportunities for improvement. Analysts will navigate multiple levels of management within and outside of Brokerage Operations.
- Risk mitigation for large project production changes
- Ad hoc response to infrastructure critical system items
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness of data for complex decision making within Brokerage Operations
- Provide ad hoc reporting to management to mitigate risk and drive business decisions
- Responsible for delivering actionable business intelligence including (not limited to) client experience, associate barometers, quality, productivity, service levels, performance metrics (including vendors), and forecasting dependent on business needs while maintaining reporting to leadership of required metrics
- Manages and maintains smaller Brokerage Operations specific reporting systems such as systems that track Associate productivity metrics
- Provide frequent management reporting regarding status of production impacting events, prioritization and throughput on Incident and Small Project Requests and outstanding items
- Analyze and interpret data regarding productivity, service levels, staffing forecasts, and key performance metrics for various target audiences across all levels of Brokerage Operations
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Prioritize long and short term deliverables assigned while working in a fast paced environment responsible for real time issue resolution
- Listen and interpret business requests to deliver on data visualization and analytics requests
- Conduct analysis of complex metrics for all of Brokerage Operations, including identification of positive and negative trends, potential root cause and provide recommendation to drive execution and manage risk against the firm goals
- Maintain high level of sense of urgency to assess criticality of impacts to production line associates and prioritize focus and resources accordingly to minimize risk and or impact of an event
- Effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders and compile needs across business units to translate business needs into requirements for execution and delivery
- Coordinate multiple resources to track, analyze, test and identify issues for several projects while working with TDA leadership to determine client and associate impacts in addition to potential monetary, processing, and functional risks to business units and their ability to successfully implement change
- Present data to all levels within the organization
- Take ownership and accountability for systematic, project, or data related issues to drive delivery from cross functional teams
- Work with all levels of Leadership within Brokerage Operations and our partners in Technology, Institutional, and Retail to collaborate, resolve issues, provide status and updates, escalate, plan, and prioritize multiple initiatives that follow the firm goals
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work through complex technical situations with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences while maintaining the best interest of the firm
- Ability to make decisions that may impact Operations while maintaining the firm deliverables and prioritizing resources within Operations and Technology
- Action oriented individual who has strong decision making skills, self-motivated owner of multiple tasks and accountable to deliverables. Must be able to achieve goals with minimal supervision or direction
- A thorough understanding of the Internet, Web Navigation, Windows Operating System, Microsoft Excel, Access, Visio, Word, PowerPoint, and other applications as required
- Strong quantitative/analytical background, 5+ years of data analysis experience and data tools including Crystal, Business Objects, and WinSQL, additionally experience with relational and hierarchal data base structures is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Access, as well as have familiarity with SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and Netezza databases.
- Securities industry and securities systems knowledge, preferred
- Knowledge of project management methodology, analytical background with an understanding of milestones and deliverables management
- Exceptional leadership skills with experience leading change and the ability to handle escalations of issues from other Operations associates
- Some afterhours and weekend support to determine and execute on business needs for communication, process alterations, and escalation
- Display professionalism and emotional intelligence across all settings.
- Lead effective meetings
- Produce high quality work and meet deadlines
- Anticipate business needs, organize, prioritize, and delegate to ensure the success of multiple initiatives in a timely manner
- Work effectively in a team setting as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply analytical skills for effective problem solving towards the goal of continuous improvement
- Able to focus and perform under stress
- Works with high sense of urgency
- Displays respect for the dignity and opinions of others
- Consistently assumes positive intent relative to peers and business partners
- Consistently remains solution and progress-focused
- Consistently open and responsive to coaching. Recognizes own performance improvement opportunities and strives to develop knowledge and skills
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed