A Systems Analyst is an experienced IT professional dealing with the implementation, enhancement, validation and maintenance of IT application and/or infrastructure systems in support of our everyday business needs. A Systems Analyst performs the following major activities:
• Works collaboratively with partners in IT, business areas and vendors in understanding, and enhancing business requirements to create technical, and functional specifications.
• Leads the design, build, validation, implementation and maintenance of IT application systems and/or infrastructure solutions in support of our current, and future business needs.
• Produces list of deliverables, cost estimates and time estimates related to the assigned project(s) in order to assist with effective project/initiative management.
• Interfaces with IT PMO, architecture, and service delivery teams among others in support of delivering timely, qualitative, robust and scalable solutions.
• Helps partner teams determine whether a solution(s) needs to be developed internally or procured from external sources.
• Helps determine integration needs and design/development/solution patterns that can be reused optimally.
• Interfaces with and guides software engineers and/or vendor partners in providing clarifications on design patterns, as needed.
• Performs solution verification to ensure the solution is built in accordance with the specifications meeting business and technical requirements.
• Responsible for technology lifecycle portfolio management from conceptualization until retirement in one or more areas.
• Provides support and/or interfaces with support teams, internal or external, to ensure business and technical issues with applications and/or infrastructure are resolved timely and effectively.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Design, Development & Transition
Supports the Business by designing, developing and transitioning technology solutions aligned with strategic IT roadmap.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the analysis, design and preparation of technology solutions to meet business needs
• Recommends components for solutions that will work well together across business domains, partner with domain architect or act as the domain architect to ensure adherence to the architectural roadmap
• Accountable for projects/applications/infrastructure meeting business needs are delivered in a timely, cost effective manner considering all budget aspects including total cost of ownership.
• Ensures project artifacts are developed as required, this includes working with support organizations and suppliers to ensure proper documentation is created and stored in the procedures manual or document repository.
• Facilitates/completes the creation of communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders.
• Develops complete and robust test plans, cases and scripts, ensures defects are properly resolved and user acceptance is obtained. Ensures the test scripts and defects are entered and tracked in our department tools.
• Acts as the primary communication point keeping the supplier and business partners informed of infrastructure changes, application changes, data changes or upcoming implementations and ensures business specific impacts are addressed.
• Ensures all deliverables are met related to the change management process.
• Ensures integration and consideration of assigned business areas against critical business processing, freeze periods, schedule changes, weather events and significant refresh activities.
• As required, Responsible for delivery of project management role for smaller projects from inception to completion including all project artifacts, executive status reports, etc.
• Adheres to published design and development standards
2. Business Relationship Management
Supports the Business Consultant in the process of leading the relationship with business function heads to define the local IT roadmap.
• Provides consulting / direction to solve business problems or needs arising from everyday events or unexpected / catastrophic events. This includes recognizing the problem, resources needed to resolve as well as managing to process needed for proper completion, including executive management updates as required.
• Thorough understanding of the business strategy, operations, markets and key stakeholders.
• Reviews business processes to understand the capability gaps and opportunities
• Recommends Innovations and business processes /systems simplifications
• Builds close relationships with the function heads and their teams. Advise these teams on how technology can be used to match or outpace competitor performance.
• Prioritizes and plan delivery in each function with the key stakeholders, manage conflicts between functional priorities as required.
• Ensures integration and consideration of assigned business areas against critical business processing, freeze periods, holiday schedule changes, weather events and significant refresh activities.
• Acts as third level of support.
3. Vendor Management
Manage tactical relationships with vendors to deliver solutions. Optimize operational excellence of Suppliers within the Solution development domain.
• Directs Solution Development Managers from suppliers according to agreed IT services
• Manages operational supplier performance on IT services delivered
• Escalation point towards supplier on operational services delivered in the Solution development domain
• Delivers information on expected services to the Head of Vendor and Contract management to support contract negotiation
• Provides reporting on supplier performance on operational KPI’s and delivered services by suppliers through operational supplier scorecards
• Ensures level of efforts are acceptable, SOW’s are complete and properly represent the requested work, proper skillsets are applied and time reported is accurate and appropriate
• Accountable for the performance and deliverable of their vendors
4. Financial & Risk
Forecast and plan for approved demand, supporting the Solution Development leadership in ensuring the group has the available resources to support on-time and on-budget project delivery. Establish strong habitual risk management practices in the organization.
• Partners with Solutions Senior Directors to ensure the Solution Development group has the internal and external resources required to address demand that has been committed to, and optimize allocation of resources across projects in an efficient manner
• Liaise with Business Support, Architecture and Solutions Senior Directors to understand the types of technology that may be implemented in the near term and the capabilities that are needed to implement these technologies
• Provides input to IT Leadership Team, in collaboration with the Solutions Senior Directors, on the optimization of the sourcing mix (insourced/outsourced) to maximize efficiency and minimize risk; Proactively propose initiatives to the business and the IT Leadership Team to increase the cost efficiency of delivery and maintenance of applications
• Extracts the value from existing systems, only investing in replacement when it is required for business continuity or to deliver a business requirement
• Encourages creativity on delivering simple solutions that deliver the business needs fast
• Drives the solution delivery teams to balance tradeoffs between speed to market, cost, risk and quality
• Stays abreast of emerging technologies and the potential applicability to the retail/ eCommerce deployment
• Ensures strong local focus on the top 3 Enterprise IT related risks: Cyber risk, Business continuity, IT Systems capable to compete
• Ensures definition, maintenance and adherence of project and annual budget
Lead and inspire the Solution Development team from a technical (vs. department operational) standpoint
• Partners with IT Solutions Development management team to establish and support a high performance, service oriented culture that enables the operating unit/Ahold Delhaize to drive sales growth and productivity performance across the organization.
• Drives the Ahold Delhaize IT Agenda and Priorities, encourage people to engage with retail business process and think about how IT can be used to make Ahold Delhaize more competitive
• Implements the Ahold Delhaize standards of performance, recognize great performance, coach constructively on under-performance
• Uses the insights from the engagement survey to inspire and motivate our people, in the short term focus on leading by example, embracing diversity and explaining the reasons for change
• Seeks opportunities to drive efficiency to release resource to deliver more and support the business better
• Proactively continuously improving their system portfolio
• Maintains a high level of individual contribution, professional growth and ability to function effectively and independently, challenges others to do the same.
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or related field. Master's degree is a plus.
• 8 – 10 years
Skills and Abilities:
• Oral and/or written communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Ability to influence leadership
• Attention to detail
• Develops and maintain high quality software products supporting the organizations standards.
• Ability to manage own work time and priorities in accordance with aggressive timelines and budgets
• Experience of SDLC methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall