Industry: Energy & Utilities•
Less than 5 years
Posted 37 days ago
The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing and reviewing an organizations business’ systems including both technical and nontechnical processes. Will use information garnered from analysis to make suggestions about how to make improvements to those systems. Acts as a liaison between the IT development group and Stakeholders for the development and implementation of new systems and enhancement of existing systems. Understands the architecture behind different software solutions. Evaluates new applications and identifies systems requirements. Evaluates new IT developments and evolving business requirements, and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems. Leads in assisting with the business case. Elicits, organizes, translates and simplifies requirements. Provides requirements management, requirements analysis and communication of requirements. Uses requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, processes change requests, and manages a project’s scope, acceptance, installation and deployment. Assesses and validates activities to determine if a solution has fulfilled the requirements. Prepares communications and makes presentations on system enhancements and/or alternatives.
Responsible for planning, scheduling and monitoring, for projects. Occasional contacts with vendors of software, equipment and services. Occasional travel to industry organizational functions and SRP facilities. Ability to work effectively using the services of various organizational groups within SRP.
As a member of the Solutions Team, daily responsibilities will include:
• Conduct Business/Functional requirements review to ensure clear understanding of business processes, requirements.
• Collaborate with business unit representatives, SAP functional teams, and development teams to propose and deliver innovative and scalable solutions
• Work with appropriate teams to gather and present risks associated with proposed solutions
• Build consensus with business and IT through the proposal of alternative solutions, process improvements and/or standardization.
• Research best practices and standards in the industry that apply to or can improve the functionality of the application.
• Create and maintain documentation required to support the implementation of the application; functional and configuration designs, test scripts, and all other documentation required by the application.
• Perform daily work with the understanding of the ITIL service lifecycle including change, release and deployment, event, incident, request fulfillment and problem.
• Ensure that design is compatible with IT roadmaps and support capabilities.
• Provide validation of operational continuity from end to end FI process, data, workflow, system, user, customer, etc.
• Communicate with ABAP/BI/PI developers and getting the work execution.
• Coordinate proof of concept exercises for proposed solutions and exploration of new technologies
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years of experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three-years of experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
This position requires a unique skillset requiring both functional and technical knowledge related to SAP. Candidates whose experience demonstrates a significant understanding and experience with the following will be given preference:
•Deep understanding of both business functions and SAP technical support skills in order to review solution approaches with business resources
•Strong experience in testing SAP interfaces with third party applications
•Integration of Maximo in an SAP environment
•Significant understanding of SAP ERP Supply Chain; including knowledge of:
•Knowledge of Supply Chain integration with related SAP modules such as FI/CO
•Knowledge of taxation related to purchasing process and of 1099 process
•Integration experience with tax solution Vertex; including knowledge of:
•Hands on design and configuration experience in Accounts Payable and Banking
•Experience with AP integrations to automated solutions such as Ariba, OpenText, and Kofax
•Expertise in AP configuration in any or all of the following areas”
•Experience setting up banks and designing processes related to banking interfaces
Requisition ID: 9148