In this role, the ideal candidate will have deep experience in inventory management across a global network. Your experience will include optimizing a global omni-chanel fulfillment network. You have a track record of assuring the right inventory is in the right location at the right time. Want to help us transform the travel industry? Your experience will encompass domestic and international warehousing and fulfillment, and a retail store network. You will report to the VP of Global Logistics, based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor inventory movement from factory to our global network of fulfillment centers to provide transparency to the business on expected arrival dates
- Monitor inventory levels in our warehouse and re-balance according to business needs
- Partner with merchandising, planning, retail and email marketing team to ensure out of stock risks are flagged early and actions can be taken to mitigate risk to the business
- Create, monitor and maintain KPI reporting to monitor instock rates, optimal ship rates and identify areas of continuous improvement
- Work with key internal and external partners to ensure we achieve the optimal balance of speed, cost, quality, service, and sustainability - all while ensuring an amazing experience for our customers.
Who you are:
- 5 years professional experience in hands on inventory management or allocation role
- Critical thinking and continuous improvement mindset
- Strong Analytical skills and detail oriented
- An exceptional written/oral communicator
- Excellent project management and strong organizational skills
- Thrives in a very fast-paced environment that requires continual multi-tasking and prioritization
- Experience with ERP like Microsoft Dynamics and TMS tools is a plus, but not required
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)