Analyst III, Product Data - (17000492)
Product Data Analyst III
GCI's Product Data Analyst III, supports GCI’s management team by delivering meaningful insights through the collection, integration, analysis, and distribution of operational and financial data associated with GCI’s products and services. This position will be tasked with building and maintaining a data analytics center of excellence for product-related information and analytics tools in support of product strategy, development, and lifecycle management.
Essential Duties of Position:
- Support data analysis, data warehouses, reporting, and data visualization activities
- Serve as liaison between Product Management and other functional groups
- Product Strategy
- Optimize product data creation, collection, analysis, and distribution
- Collaborate with other functional groups to integrate data sources and systems
- Research and recommend appropriate data analysis tools and reporting methods
- Promote consistency, accuracy, and usability of product data across all product lines
- Product Development
- Support the definition of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics and tracking methods
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Maintain product data warehouse for ready access by Product Management team
- Track product operational data including support trends, product performance, and KPI/SLA adherence.
People and Self-Management:
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with leadership and peers. Work to resolve problem relationships.
- Holds self-accountable for results. Self-directed, takes initiative and seeks out opportunities.
- Assesses and accepts risks and learns from mistakes.
- Ability to communicate complex findings and ideas in plain language
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with other functional groups within the organization and serve as a liaison to Product Management.
- Being able to work in teams towards a shared goal.
- Ability to change direction quickly based on data analysis.
- Proactively seeking clarification of requirements and direction; take responsibility when needed.
- Being able to work in stressful situation when insights in new data sets is required quickly.
- Ability to break down a large problem into discreet tasks and delegate
- Familiarity with the telecommunications industry (desired)
- Familiarity with data warehousing, database queries (SQL and unstructured), Alteryx and other data processing tools, Tableau and other data visualization tools (desired).
Experience in articulating system design from business and functional requirements
Exceptional ability in discerning and resolving the root cause of problems in complex environments
Understanding of the objectives of the product management function and methodologies is required
- Minimum of four years’ experience in any combination listed below:
- Experience within a business intelligence, sales, marketing, or product management environment;
- SQL programming proficiency. Experience with large database systems such as SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL is highly desirable.
- Experience with business intelligence tools is desirable.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, computer science, information technology/systems or related area is required. Or a combination of relevant education and/or experience sufficient to perform the duties may be substituted for the degree on a year for year basis.
Certifications: Industry Specific certifications are highly valued and may contribute toward education.