At First National, our employees are the heart of our story—and we’re committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization’s success.
The Operations Analyst II is a system expert on assigned application(s) with the ability to help on escalated issues and coordinate with IT and vendors if necessary. This individual is responsible for evaluating current processes and systems and recommending changes to improve customer and employee experiences. The Ops Analyst II is responsible for coordinating testing plans and ensuring changes are implemented with little to no negative impact. This role also assists in setting the strategic direction for the assigned application(s) regarding enhancements and investments toimprove the organization.
- Responsible for the performance, reliability and maintenance of assigned applications(s).
- Advanced knowledge for assigned applications through training and experience.
- Performs escalation support and issue resolution through research across multiple systems and data.
- Work closely with capability owner and business units regarding system enhancements.
- Provide input into the application roadmap for further improvement and development, including helping prioritize development.
- Work with IT and/or third party vendors for support, upgrades and implementations
- Seeks opportunity to learn, automate, document, share, educate, and improve Enterprise processes and systems.
- Lead requirements analysis with stakeholders ensuring that requirements are complete, consistent, concise, and comprehensive.
- Provides metrics and other documentation to support analysis and findings.
- Perform testing of process and system changes and coordinate end user testing.
Reporting and Data Analytics: Coordinate, track and respond to data needs and requests from across the Enterprise.
- Designs, develops and maintains reports.
- Develop and process daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly standard and ad-hoc reports (basic to advanced).
- Analyze new data requests and create recommendations for the development of new system reporting.
Training and Development: Enhance end users’ knowledge, understanding and competency with assigned application(s).
- Identify, develop and recommend training opportunities that meet and support end user needs.
- Develop and update system documentation for training support.
- Participate in training sessions and advise with regard to use of new/enhanced systems.
Business Relationship Management: Knowledge, skills and behaviors that foster a productive relationship between Operations departments and their business partners.
- Communicates effectively with business units to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Manages business unit’s expectations effectively.
Project: Aim to increase the likelihood that projects or initiatives deliver the intended results and outcomes.
- Participate in small to medium projects as assigned by management.
- Contribute to project team meetings and assists team members in critical decision making and planning; assist in execution, control and closure of projects; meet regularly with project manager(s).
Compliance: Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
- Business case development
- Ability to design new system solutions, modify, enhance or adapt existing systems and integrate new features or improvements, all with the aim of improving business efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to implement, configure and test feasible solutions.
- Demonstrate a consultative approach with the ability to analyze stakeholder’s needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build collaborative relationships, listen and actively contribute to discussions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of banking experience (Operations, Commercial, Consumer, Card, IT)
- Written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
- Problem solving ability with strong analytical skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to multi-task while adhering to multiple timetables of completion
- Ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis
- Business case development
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience with Agile methodologies