The IT Business Analyst II has accountability for ensuring business satisfaction for all operational aspects related to the relationship of IT and the business. This role will have a specific area(s) of operational expertise, and will act as a direct liaison servicing the business, maintaining relationship continuity with IT and understanding/driving a variety of related operational processes.
Some job duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Performs troubleshooting in the form of problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up;
- Provides tier III support; performs root cause analysis and develops checklists;
- Provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff members;
- Analyzes, makes recommendations, creates charts, diagrams and graphs to assist in analysis;
- Serves as a subject matter expert;
- Monitors, tunes and optimizes system or application performance;
- Simulates or recreates problems to resolve operational deficiencies;
- Recommends procedures and controls for problem prevention;
- Understand user needs and assist user in preparation of specs;
- Develops and maintains problem databases;
- Design systems, test plans and training programs;
- Identify hardware and software to meet company needs;
- Coordinates installations with user departments;
- Leads implementations and rollouts;
- Leads post implementation audits;
- Interfaces with vendors regarding new product evaluation contract T&Cs and troubleshooting issues;
- Assist and participates in disaster recovery planning and testing;
- Develops P&Ps and general standards;
- Researches new applications or technologies;
- Develops, reviews and approves technical documentation;
- Prepares detailed functional specifications and coordinates RFP processes;
- Performs resource and contingency planning with respect to technology applications;
- Serve as a subject matter expert as well as a resource and lead to Business Analysts I.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in a related discipline; significant applied experience or a combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- 3+ years of operational experience, or equivalent, in designated area(s) of expertise, preferably functioning within the department or group to which they will act as the liaison.
- 5+ years of experience gathering system requirements from users and business owners, translating them into detailed requirements documentation, ensuring that business rules are clearly defined through workflow diagrams, business needs are documented and validating that limitations or risks are understood.
- ITIL V3 Awareness Training preferred.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor Junior Analysts in requirements gathering, documentation and testing processes.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary certifications and/or licenses.