The Metric Research team within Global Retail Markets Product is looking for a Senior Analytics Professional to join their highly visible group. We closely partner with teams across Product, Distribution, Marketing, and Finance to ensure that Personal and Business lines Auto, Home, and Specialty Products across Liberty and Safeco brands are competitive and grow responsibly. We utilize advanced statistical, mathematical, and data science methodologies to investigate internal trends, identify areas of growth opportunities, and assess impact of initiatives. We stay informed of key industry trends to ensure we have a strong understanding of the future of our business. Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain highly technical and data heavy analyses to provide insights into multiple metrics, including competitiveness and retention, across all product lines and Distribution channels.
- Where appropriate, build loss cost, loss ratio, and/or non-pricing (closure and retention) models across Personal and Business Lines
- Assess current analytical capabilities across multiple teams and look for opportunities to enhance Product analytics capabilities by producing or identifying new datasets, methodologies, and processes.
- Partner closely with groups throughout the Product, Marketing, and Distribution organizations.
- Influence change across the organization through unique ways of examining business results and drivers, and present innovative solutions to the organization.
- Communicate and present to Senior Product Leadership.
The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level
Primary Location: Seattle, WA
Additional Locations: Remote
Salary: USD $85,100.00 - $138,900.00 / Year
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel: As Needed
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to dissect complex analytical questions, carry out independent analyses, and propose solutions.
- Understanding of sophisticated analytical techniques, including predictive modeling experience, desired.
- Strong planning, organizational, decision-making, and project management skills.
- Strong communication skills, particularly ability to communicate highly analytical and complex concepts to a broad audience. Ability to influence senior leadership as well as partner organizations.
- Industry knowledge developed from internal meetings, news alerts, project-specific work, and proactive research into competitor strategies
- Competencies typically acquired through a Master's degree (scientific field of study) and 0-1 years of relevant experience or a Bachelor's degree (scientific field of study) and 3+ years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of SAS, R and/or Python is required. Willingness to learn new languages and technologies is mandatory.
Featured BenefitsHere's some of what you can look forward to as one of our employees.
Competitive CompensationOur compensation programs are designed to deliver above-market pay if you perform well, and significantly above that for exceptional performance over time. Virtually every employee is eligible for some type of variable incentive pay in addition to his or her base pay.
Flexible Work ArrangementsWe understand the role work-life balance plays in your ability to stay energized and engaged. So we place an emphasis on regular hours, flex scheduling, and generous time off through paid holidays, vacation days, and more.
Top-Notch Retirement PlansOur pension plan provides a monthly credit equal to 5% of your eligible compensation. You can also participate in our 401(k) plan, which offers a guaranteed match of $0.50 for every $1 you contribute, up to 8% of your eligible pay.
Career DevelopmentFrom regular coaching planning, to paid training, licensing, and 100% tuition reimbursement for approved courses, we're dedicated to your continued growth, because we know it leads to continued success.
Health & WellnessYou'll have access to comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a host of other insurance and wellness benefits-including progressive parental benefits and support.
See Full Benefits
Why Liberty Mutual?
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates-as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.