Analyst, - Financial Planning and Analysis
Our client, a rapidly growing alternative Medicinal supply company is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, data driven individual to join their finance team located in Boston, MA. In this position, you will handle all Financial Planning, Analysis, Accounting operations within the company, verify financial records and transactions, and manage the accounting team. The Senior FP&A Accountant is primarily responsible for supporting theController.
Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis
Reporting to the Controller, the Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis ("Analyst, FP&A") is primarily responsible for the development and execution of the annual budgeting process, and providing strategic financial advice and support to the organization in order to make sound business decisions. This includes researching and developing recommendations to influence financial business performance. Other duties include internal consulting and support to operations in order to optimize the use of financial resources that enables the company to best fulfill its accountabilities and achieve strategic goals. This position is ideal for someone who is comfortable working in dynamic, sometimes unstructured start-up environment who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and support all aspects of the business.
- Prepare relevant quarterly and monthly financialreports and analysis for the business
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, operating expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of variance
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations for decision making purposes
- Work with Corporate FP&A function to prepare to Board of Directors and senior management team
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Business Administration with a focus in finance or accounting
- CPA, CA, CMA or other accounting designation preferred. MBA is Preferred
- Minimum 5 years of progressive financialexperience, with experience in strategic financial planning and budgeting preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically with an ability to explain complex financial information to a non-financial audience
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships both within and outside of the organization with a strong focus on customer service
- Experience in improving financial literacy and building financial knowledge and capacity within an organization
- Strong analytical skills with an excellent understanding of how data can help inform operational decisions
- Able to work collaboratively as a team to achieve objectives, but takes accountability over areas of responsibility
- Motivated to continuously improve with an ability to adopt change management initiatives.