The Analyst, Financial and Quantitative Analytics will participate in the development, implementation and dissemination of new and/or existing management reporting projects related to Healthcareutilization, cost, and risk adjustment for Inovalon’s Risk Adjustment products and services. The Analyst will support health data analysis initiatives through measurement and evaluation via statistical analyses employing SQL database management tools, and interpreting/presenting observations and findings to department managers.
- Design, execute and perform complex clinical and financial analytics as needed by clients and executive management, utilizing MS office suite and SQL databasetechnologies;
- Develop working solutions to custom client requirements, keeping in mind product capabilities, scope limitations and the impact on integrated products employing analytical methods;
- Perform root cause analysis to identify data flow issues/ system performance issues and/or data discrepancy issues employing SQL queries and database tools;
- Design and/or develop specific databases for collection, tracking, and reporting of administrative clinical data using SQL Server Management Studio 2012;
- Design, code, test and debug custom SQL queries and generate financial, utilization and cost reports using Microsoft SQL queries, SQL Server Management Studio and SQL Server Reporting Services to arrive at accurate and timely solutions; and
- Assist with the preparation of documents and presentation materials describing analytic methods, observations and findings of analytics, and/or business logic flow employing MS office suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Master’s degree in computer science/information technology/ engineering, or mathematics with at least 1year of full time experience Or BS degree in similar fields with at least 3years of full time experience in an analytic and data management or Software development environment required;
- Experience in a health care or managed care setting is a plus;
- Must be able to work independently and in small work groups with staff members and managers having similar or disparate interests and/or priorities;
- Minimum 1year of experience developing database driven projects using T-SQL on SQL Server;
- Minimum 1years of experience or educational training in statistical stratification, sampling and cohort driven data modeling and analysis;
- Superior problem solving, analytical skills and an ability to analyze large volumes of data and identify trends and anomalies;
- Strong problem solving, analysis, design, coding and testing skills required. Knowledge of SDLC methodologies and agile methodologies is preferred;
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to understand the Company’s products and process; and
- Willing to learn new technologies to help the Risk Adjustment Quantitative analytics team achieve new goals.