Who we are?
ARI, a billion-dollar global vehicle fleet leasing and management company, prides itself on its people. ARI was named to the list of Best Workplaces in Canada in 2017 and was voted 2017 Mississauga Employer of the Year by the Mississauga Board of Trade. Founded in 1948, ARI continues to offer its 2,800 employees a place where their careers and personal development can thrive.
ARI has an outstanding opportunity for a Developer to perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements in our Canadian Headquarters located in Mississauga.
What you will be doing?
- Interprets written business requirements and technical specification documents.
- Performs coding to written technical specifications and standards.
- Investigates, analyzes and documents reported defects.
- Creates, documents, and implements unit test plans, scripts and test harnesses.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Provides reasonable and fair estimates for assigned tasks, work efforts and projects.
- Keeps current with software development trends, makes suggestions and takes action on IT-related best practices, processes and systems.
- Guides less senior team members in both technical aspects and people skills.
- Provides direction for new tools, technologies and development approaches.
What are we looking for?
- Strong SQL skills. (Oracle is preferred but not required)
- Understanding of development lifecycle, SDLC processes and guidelines
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently within a diverse and fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience with third party controls like Telerik ASP.NET controls would be a plus
- .NET certification is recommended but not a must-have