This position is responsible for the application of systems analysis techniques, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications for client computing technologies. Develops and tests customized and automated configurations and monitoring capability specific to business needs. Creates documentation and training material and trains support personnel. Evaluates, maintains, modifies and documents client computing device changes and root cause analysis. Provides Tier-3 technical support, guidance and expertise for projects and initiatives. This position independently makes decisions that impact the project level and influence decision makers.
- Maintains and administers various computer hardware, networks and related technology environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Performs disaster recovery operations.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and resolves hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Configures, monitors, and maintain applications and virus protection software.
- Ensures the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Designs, configures, and tests computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Monitors network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Confers with end users regarding resolution of existing system problems.
- May act as a team lead supervising other team members and able to represent manager in meetings making decisions relating to are of subject matter expertise.
- Requires BA or BS degree
- 3+ years' experience in computer networks and related technology environments including computer hardware, systems software, or applications software
- Intermediate experience gathering business requirements for IT projects
- Intermediate experience with network, telecom, or web systems
- Must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment and react to situations as they arise in the appropriate manner
- Ability to analyze and resolve issues via telephone
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and effectively meet project deliverables on time
- Must be dependable, punctual, and reliable
- 5+ years related experience preferred
- Preferred Certifications; Certification in Server + or Network+ , Certification in Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE, Certification in Cisco CCNA
- Familiarity with a retail marketing environment is highly desirable