Currently, Meijer is looking for a Merchandising Analytics Analyst III. The Analyst – III position is a senior level role on the Merchandising Center of Excellence Analytics team. This role isresponsible for developing andapplying advanced analytic techniques that will have a positive impact on sales, margin and profit performance of specific Merchandise areas. Key Deliverables:
- Responsible for delivering material impact to the organization’s performance by: providing expert analytical support for Merchandising teams, identifying and executing against analytics-based business opportunities, and developing analytic approaches & reports that improve the efficiency of the Merchandising organization.
- Develop and apply advanced quantitative methods, data mining, modeling, and analytical tools to solve complex business problems across Merchandising.
- Partner and Consult on report and tool solution designs that apply best in class analytics.
- Effectively communicate complex business analysis and provide recommendations for improvements
- Keeps customer at the center of analytic approach, analysis and solutions and partner with cross functional teams to drive customer centricity at Meijer
- Develop scorecards and partner withreporting teams to improve reporting effectiveness
- Collaborate and Build strong business relationships with Customer Marketing, Merchandising and Marketing teams to develop winning customer marketing solutions
- Leverage disparate data sources for holistic understanding to solve complex business problems
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field or Relevant Experience. Master’s degreepreferred.
- 5-10 years business experience in marketing analysis or analytics consulting leadership
- Experience in an Advanced Analytics environment working with customer analytic systems in both SAS & Teradata (preferably at a large retailer)
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in an analytics role
- Experience working in a cross-functional teams focused on: Business/Financial Analysis, Promotional Analytics, Customer Analytics, Pricing, Merchandising, Media Analytics, etc.
- Experience developing analytic techniques such as: forecasting, predictive modeling, segmentation analysis, simulation modeling, data mining
- Experience in customer-facing industry (traditional or online retailing, retailfinancial services, etc.)
- Multi-channelexperiencepreferred – familiar with both in-store/branch and online analytics
- Advanced and hands on experience using one or more of: SQL programming; SAS Base programming, SAS Macro programming, SAS Advanced programming, SAS Enterprise Miner; SAS Visual Analytics; Hadoop programming; SAS in-database and in-memory programming; MicroStrategy.
- Strong work ethic complemented by a positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills: listening, verbal and written.
- Experience developing communications and presenting to leadership
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills with ability to prioritize multiple/competing projects and assignments