Analyst, Carrier Relations
5 - 7 years experience •
The Carrier Relations Analyst is responsible for supporting the Vice President Carrier Relations & State Reporting in the process of managing all insurance carrier relationship processes. This position is involved in cross-functional teams to plan, lead, organize, control, and facilitate the various processes and procedures with carrier relations and state reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize, and control the policies, procedures, and processes associated with all insurance carrier relationships;
- Help to develop, plan, and implement corporate metrics aligned around operational, contractual service levels, and industry benchmarks;
- Work within an operating culture where key metrics and trends are incorporated into the decision-making framework;
- Help to increase the number of carriers that York is approved with;
- Provide assistance to Sales and Marketing in securing new carrier relationship and selling new clients;
- Manage and grow existing carrier relationships;
- Monitor carrier data quality;
- Facilitate the carrier and state audit process that involves carriers;
- Monitor state compliance where it impacts carrier relationships;
- Manage, and implement carrier relationship strategies, including a stewardship process, service standards, and carrier and client reporting;
- Exhibit the ability to lead and or work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Vice President – Carrier Relations & State Reporting
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
- BS / BA in insurance or risk management, insurance, finance or related field;
- Professional designations such as Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), or Associates in Risk Management (ARM) or Associates in Claims (AIC) a plus.
- Formalized education and experience with client and carrier services, insurance, brokerage, and claim or risk-management organizations;
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of related service experience in insurance company or third-party administrator, or risk management relationships;
- Proven track record of success with negotiation, contract management, planning and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in computers, data bases.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including an intermediate usage of Excel.
- Protect the brand and equity of the stakeholders, serve the leadership, support the management and improve the quality of life of the associate;
- Knowledge of the claims adjustment process, insurance policies, claims adjusting systems, insurance carriers and data bases.