Job Summary and Scope of Responsibility:
The Business Systems Analyst, Lead to Cash, is responsible for the design, delivery, and support of technology solutions for Lead to Cash business processes including Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Technical Service, ecommerce, Distribution, Invoicing, Credit, Accounts Receivable.
The Business Systems Analyst, Lead to Cash will engage business stakeholders to: elicit and define business requirements; design, develop, and implement solutions that meet business needs; collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement integrated solutions; drive deployment of solutions including testing, go-live and communications; support production systems including analyzing and resolving production problems and end user service requests.
The role requires strong technical abilities within application design, configuration, implementation, and support, especially with SAP solutions; building and maintaining relationships with internal and external business partners; strong understanding of business processes; ability to work with cross-functional teams; basic project management skills; and strong communication skills.
The role will interface with multiple departments including Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Customer Service, Manufacturing, Distribution, Sourcing, and Finance. The role will interface with multiple locations including Corporate Headquarters in Oak Brook, IL; Distribution Centers across US and Canada; Technical Service Center in Tucson, AZ; Manufacturing in Nogales, MX.
Design, configuration, development, testing, implementation, and support of applications that support Lead to Cash business processes, focused on SAP ECC (SD/LE) and integrations with other applications such as EDI, Esker, PkMS (WM), Hybris Commerce, SAP Personas, TMS, Paymetric, Vertex, Salesforce.com. Activities include:
- Work with business stakeholders to understand business processes and elicit, define, and analyze requirements (business, functional and non-functional).
- Collaborate with functional and technical teams across the company as required to define and design proposed solutions that meet requirements and adhere to platform and application design guidelines, strategies, and industry best practices.
- Configure, prepare, and unit test applications to meet requirements; collaborate with application developers to create functional specifications and ensure sound technical design and development.
- Create and input into standard Software Development Lifecycle deliverables such as functional and technical specifications, use cases, test cases, test scripts, etc., following CGI standards.
- Collaborate with Super Users to create test cases for business processes and system functions, ensuring traceability and coverage of requirements; execute tests; analyze and resolve defects.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to create documentation and training materials; support training delivery and organizational change management.
- Manage own work to deliver according to project schedules; be accountable for delivery.
- Apply project management standards and concepts; prepare work estimates and work schedules; create and update project plans.
- Support production systems; proactively work to analyze and resolve production problems in a timely manner. Resolve end user service requests. Participate in production support processes including identification of issue severity, root cause, and path to resolution.
- Identify opportunities to leverage applications to improve business processes, and support business re-engineering efforts.Research and represent industry best practices.
- Occasional travel required to other Chamberlain facilities (up to 5% travel).
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent required. Masters' in related field a strong plus.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Information Technology, preferably applications development or configuration.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience with SAP SD/LE including hands-on configuration.
- At least one full lifecycle implementation of SAP including Blueprint phase.
- Minimum 5 years working with business processes related to Lead to Cash such as inquiries, quotes, pricing, customer master, order management, customer service, ATP, deliveries, logistics, transportation, invoicing.
- Experience with customer EDI as it relates to the EDI 850, 855, 856, and 810 is required. Includes new and existing customer testing and configuration, IDOC error resolution and trouble-shooting.
- Experience with ecommerce, tax and credit card processing a strong plus.
- Experience with Esker Delivery ware is a strong plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of core business systems and proficiency in configuration and customization in multiple functions. Able to design and develop technical solutions of moderate complexity in their functional area(s).
- Strong skills in systems analysis, problem analysis, troubleshooting, and technical error resolution.
- In depth familiarity with SD configuration, user exits and VOFM routines
- Strong working knowledge of software development lifecycles and how to take a solution from concept through design, development, testing, and deployment including release and change management.
- Strong business requirements analysis skills and ability to develop alternatives and recommend systems solutions to business problems. Ability to clearly communicate technical topics with business stakeholders.
- Possesses deep knowledge in at least one technical area, and strong breadth of knowledge across other, related, integrated technical areas.