Assist the Production Planning and Manufacturing group to optimize build plan strategies and flexibility, while identifying opportunities for inventory reduction and improve manufacturing schedules.
The Planner/Analyst will liaise with Global Ops and planning to analyze existing business processes, identify gaps, and implement solutions/improvements.
The selected candidate will assist in the development and understanding of San Jose Instruments Business Systems reports (BI, SAPother as available) required to manage the day to day business. Additionally, the incumbent will be expected to handle complex products such as ETO, MTO, new product introductions.
- Production Planner/Analyst is responsible for executing Production Schedule (MPS) financial goals.
- Works on Complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Normally receives no instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments. Is a quick, resourceful problem-solver and can execute new plans.
Role and Responsibilities:
Develop schedules, monitor workload capacity and inventory. Optimize shop resources to ensure that customer expectations, deadlines and internal financial goals are met.
• Create, maintain, and post relevant metrics
• Manage production meetings as required to ensure successful communication and job execution to meet customer expectations and financial goals
• Act as the custodian of work orders ensuring completeness and accuracy
• Work with Purchasing, Sales, Engineering to ensure that materials and product release package are available as needed during the production process to meet shipping plan. The Senior Production Planner will be responsible for the entire Manufacturing Planning & Control process for assigned Value Stream activities.
This inclusive of support S&OP Process, creations of production plans Materials Requirement Planning (MRP), Capacity Planning & Production Sequencing, and Purchasing.
The Senior Production Planner will also be the value stream primary point-of-contact for operations and will ensure proactive communication to all relevant stakeholders. Analyzes product, patterns/s, production specifications and plant capacity data. Identifies raw material and component requirements for production from engineering.
- Management role for staff such as training for new hires, make recommendations for performance improvements and feedback on reviews.
- Assist Operations in developing rough capacity weekly model to ensure execution to plan, full utilization of resources, while maintaining inventory , on time delivery targets, and meeting internal financial goals.
- Ensures systems data integrity and accuracy of signals of corrections and recommendations ECC & SCM.
- Review sop’s and desk procedures to ensure current practices are being followed.
- Basic general business acumen that enables sound decision making and clear communication with, Finance and Engineering.
- Practical knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and CI process, a plus.
- Familiarity with Six-Sigma methodology desirable but not required.
- Demonstrated capability to interpret data and trends and developing action plans.
- Working knowledge of ISO, FDA, and Manufacturing, may require to host audits if needed.
- Experience working in a highly complex engineered product line in a Lean Mfg. environment is desired.
- Able to interpret industry standards and manufacturing procedures• Must have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and be at the expert level in Excel or similar software.
- Power user status in ERP systems (i.e.: SAP, Oracle, GP etc.) preferred. Attention to detail and accuracy in data entry, work package and schedule.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work successfully face-to-face, on the phone, and by email.
- Must have a successful track record of leadership, and calmly resolving conflict in a way that promotes teamwork and positive relationships.
- Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and complete a high volume of work to specific deadlines.
- This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma AND 10 years of planning experience in a manufacturing environment OR a bachelor’s degree AND 8years of planning experience in a manufacturing environment.
- APICS certification in Materials Management or Production and Inventory Management desirable but not essential
Job ID R-16892