Responsible for working cross-functionally to collect data and develop models to determine trends utilizing a variety of data sources. Imports, cleans, transforms, or manipulates data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Collaborates with both the analytic organization and its technology partners to define and publish complex data products.
- Provides training to and acts as technical resource for team members.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in one or more data subject areas such as sales, call center, network operation and financial data.
- Serves as a team leader within a work group or on cross-functional teams; accepts team lead stretch assignments. Presents results, recommendations and business insights to broader senior leadership team.
- Produces a variety of reports, graphs, summaries and presentations that convey analytic results and align with business needs.
- Performs basic research on root cause of data anomalies that are uncovered through normal course of analysis.
- Writes complex SQL to query large data platforms such as Teradata, SQL server, Oracle and Hadoop to obtain data necessary for analysis. Combines data as needed from disparate data sources to complete analysis.
- Participates in defining business intelligence requirements for projects and data requests.
- Participates in multiple enterprise wide projects by providing data analysis to project leaders.
- Follows best practices and established policies in business intelligence data analysis, maintenance and data quality.
- Creates technical documentation (internal).
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.Education
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Bachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience