About the Role
Everactive is looking for someone to join the Silicon design team who is familiar designing mixed-signal circuits for energy constrained systems and comfortable making hardware design trade offs in order to meet those energy constraints. An ideal candidate is someone who understands analog and mixed-signal circuits at the chip and system level, but knowledge in both areas is not explicitly required. Tasks at the integrated circuit level include block level like clocks (PLL, XTAL), I/O's (GPIO, specialized I/O's like SPI, I2C, and high speed PHY interfaces like MIPI, CSI, DSI), and larger mixed-signal blocks such as ADC's, DAC's, etc. There needs to be an understanding of the physical interfaces and requirements to the circuit.
Low power is a key differentiator for Everactive and is a key skill set required to be successful.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Master's degree or greater in Electrical Engineering
- Approximately 5-10 years of industry experience (less if candidate has a PhD)
Experience designing low power mixed-signal and analog circuits
- Experience in the following circuits: ADCs, DACs, amplifiers, references, clock circuits (PLL, XO, VCO's), I/O's and digital logic.
- Experience with the following concepts at a system level: SNR, Eye diagrams, Noise Coupling, Monte Carlo/Mismatch
- Experience using and building a industry-standard Analog and/or Mixed-Signal simulation methodology including parasitic extraction
- Experience with Layout of critical blocks in advanced process nodes: 65nm, 55nm, 40nm and below, and works with of layout designers
- Experience with Design for Analog test for production
- Experience with working with test engineers for validation/characterization/correlation for production
- Preparation of design reviews and documentation
- Knowledge in operating lab test equipment including, but not limited to, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, high speed oscilloscopes
- Tools: Synopsys, Cadence and/or Mentor analog and digital simulation tools for integrated circuits
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and organizational skills
- Energy and drive to thrive in start-up environment
And will likely also have:
- Experience with subthreshold circuit design
- Experience with modeling (MATLAB, Verilog, real number modeling)
About our Values
Successful Everactive employees routinely exhibit our fourcore values:
- Pioneering ideas: to revolutionize computing, we look for the best ideas without being constrained by existing approaches. This clean slate, first principles approach expands our creative scope and helps us lead development of the next generation IIoT with field-changing technology.
- Rigorous, honest thinking: we approach all of our endeavors with intellectual honesty and rigor. This honesty leads us to careful self-evaluation - identifying and admitting what we do not know – and to making hard decisions when we believe they are right.
- Live well, work well: we believe that there are many things in life that are more important than work and that a fulfilling life outside of work makes it easier to do excellent work when you are focusing on the work part of life. Likewise, working well makes life more fulfilling.
- One Team: We are a team of diverse individuals aligned by a common vision of the future of computing. We are strongest when we respect and embrace our differences. This requires that we share our thoughts, ask questions, and candidly provide feedback and encouragement to others. We are passionately committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, beliefs, identity, orientation, and life experiences that make us unique. Our diversity drives our greatest achievements.