Analog Design Engineer
Seeking an Analog Design Engineer for a small company in Austin, Texas, that is successful in a niche market for over 27 years. In this job role, you will develop, test, and troubleshoot analog assemblies. If you offer the following experience, please apply to learn more.
The employer is:
- Privately held and well-established
- Industry leader in Measurement While Drilling (MWD)
What you will do!
- Design of analog electronics and primarily low frequency
- Design of schematics using a design software application, i.e., Cadence, Eagle, Altium, etc.
- Manage schematic capture and PCB layout efforts
- Technical oversight of assembly, integration, and test of complex sensor hardware
- Cross-functional team collaboration
- Assist in troubleshooting of failures
- Provide engineering assistance to manufacturing
What skills and experience are needed?
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, RF Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or closely related, and through an accredited 4-year university or college
- 2+ years of on-the-job experience
- Experience with analog circuit simulation
- Theory of Operation of analog and digital circuits
- Experience with electronic test equipment, i.e., oscilloscopes, DMM, frequency counters, etc.
- Experience with Altium for PCB design or similar for electronics design
- Ability to work with and guide technicians
- DC/DC conversion experience
- Hardware experience
- Experience in low frequency
- Ability to work autonomously and manage priorities on multiple tasks
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to collaborate with all engineering teams
- Experience with high voltage low power circuits, is a plus