Boeing Huntsville has a multi-yearcontract to develop, manufacture, and test the Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) missile seeker and future improvements. This contract and associated site consolidations are driving significant, long-term growth for the PAC-3 engineering team on the Huntsville, AL campus.
The Boeing Company is seeking an Analog Design Engineer on PAC-3 in Huntsville, AL. This Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, verification, analysis, and sustainment engineering of analog electronic components and sub-systems within the PAC-3 RADAR missile seeker and associated test systems. Must have a proven track record of developing electronic products. Experience with military grade electronics and hi-voltage DC power supplies would be desirable.
Note: Throughout the remainder of 2018 the travel will be more extensive (>25% to Huntington Beach, CA.) due to site transition activities are completed.
- Support and conduct detailed analogcircuit designs and analyses at the component and systems level. Includes complex electronic designs, specifications, and complete product documentation.
- Support and conduct testing and analysis activity to assure product compliance to requirements.
- Conduct technical activities in support of Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations, component specifications, and other technical services for purchased components.
- Provides design solutions and analyses in support of production related issues and continuous improvement efforts
- Support and conduct research projects to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
- Experience with initial hardware debug and integration of analog or power supply subsystems
- Experience developing test plans and component specifications
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Missiles and Weapon Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- BS, MS, or PHd in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related STEM degrees
- Electronic circuit design experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Design experience with any of the following: solid state amplifiers, signal mixers, filters, oscillators, power supplies, or complex printed wiring boards (PWB)
- Experience with electronic circuit analysis, modelling, or simulation (such as SPICE)
- Experience with high reliability components used in Military electronics or similar high reliability applications
Typical Education/ Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.