Amusement Technician Manager
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room .
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Amusement Technician Manager - West Edmonton Rec Room , reporting to the Amusement Manager - West Edmonton Rec Room. This position will be based at our West Edmonton Rec Room located at M-325, 8882 170 Street in Edmonton, AB.
The Games Technician Manager will conduct preventative maintenance diagnostics to ensure that The Rec Room gaming equipment maintains the highest industry standards. The Games Technician Manager is responsible for the ongoing preventive and corrective work orders on mechanical, electrical and other installed arcade and gaming systems, equipment, and other components when work orders are presented. He/she is required to perform service and repairs on gaming machines in a timely manner. He/she is accountable for planning, performing, and executing the safe installation, testing, inspection, preventative maintenance, and repairs of gaming equipment.
- Assist in the repair of gaming equipment.
- Repair and research parts and possible solutions to issues with gaming equipment.
- Participate in preventative maintenance program for gaming machines.
- Perform necessary maintenance changes on gaming systems.
- Provide occasional guidance to the primary function of others, including training.
- Responsible for the training and development of othertechnicians.
- Responsible for scheduling and performance evaluations of othertechnicians.
- Install supports, software and working ability of gaming equipment.
- Monitor the use and maintenance of gaming machines.
- Remove and replace worn components and reactivate gaming systems.
- Prepare cost estimates for repairs.
- Conduct preventative maintenance diagnostics.
- Complete repairs to equipment, and all other services that the machine requires.
- Follow prescribed timelines and routes to service all locations in timely manner.
- Maintain, operate, and repair gaming systems and associated equipment.
- Perform assigned equipment inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting customer satisfaction and operations.
- Respond effectively to all issues.
- Operate all assigned equipment and systems in the most energy efficient manner.
- Perform all preventive and corrective maintenance in full compliance with applicable programs, best industry practices and manufacturer's recommended practices.
- Prepare and submit to management summary reports listing conditions found in the performance of assigned work, and recommend and/or suggest action to be taken.
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas.
- Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Maintain compliance with Federal, Provincial, Municipal, Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College Diploma or University Degree in electronics or similar field preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in related field preferably in a management capacity.
- Experience with gaming equipment repairs.
- Experience diagnosing and using preventative measures for gaming equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of gaming equipment principles, equipment operation.
- Highly motivated, organized and reliable.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Positive, professional, personable and adaptable.
- Must be willing and able to support any afterhours gaming related activity as required.
- Attend periodic training seminars.
- Perform additional job duties as requested.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Highly motivated, professional and energetic.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends.
- Job requires ability to work with tools, pipes and materials.
- Extended hours as required.
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet is required.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required i.e. hard-hat, safety boots.
- Hazards associated with the industry.