Purpose of Job
The AML Executive will oversee the team responsible for developing, implementing, and sustaining USAA’s technology and data analytics programs in support of anti-money laundering efforts. This role will oversee USAA’s data decision models, rules management, and analytics capabilities for AML prevention, detection, recovery and investigations functions. This role will formulate and execute a multiyear strategy and vision around technology to support a best-in-class AML program, including integration points across various financial products and lines of businesses.
- Envisions and develops AML (anti-money laundering) and OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) strategy and analytics for all of USAA’s products and lines of business, including banking, securities, property and casualty, and life insurance, applying knowledge of technical proficiency with AML data analysis tools, computer business intelligence and analysis software applications and serving as primary compliance technology interface with regulators, and expert on compliance technologies
- The leader will have oversight of developing and deploying future data and analytics capabilities and technologies, applying expertise of compliance software technologies
- Leads the team in developing and deploying future data and analytics capabilities and technologies.
- Establishes goals and implements plans to achieve objectives supporting the strategy
- Partners effectively with business leaders as well as other control functions.
- Effectively represents the AML program with the boards of directors and federal regulators.
- Provides high-level strategic direction to the AML teams that monitor and analyze trends, patterns, and external factors impacting potential money laundering.
- Provides governance around technology and systems infrastructure to partners to implement and maintain AML software technology and systemic solutions
- Sets the agenda, builds high-performing teams, and sells the vision. Ensures training and coaching of employees, mentoring and developing analysts, and provides the team with development opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years progressive experience pertaining to AML, BSA and/or OFAC
- 6+ years people management experience
- 5+ years applied knowledge of quantitative data analysis methods and solutions
- 5+ years working with financial services products and/or claims payment systems
- One or more of the following designations:
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Anti-Money Laundering Professional (AMLP)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Experience in conceptualizing, creating and leading AML or Know Your Customer (KYC) analytics.
- Strong understanding of federal AML laws and regulations, as well as significant experience interfacing with federal regulators on an ongoing basis.
- Strong leadership, execution, change management, and team skills with the ability to be responsive and bring a sense of urgency, all while demonstrating patience required to work in a highly collaborative organization.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with AML data analysis tools, business intelligence and analysis software applications as well as the ability to lead and manage talent.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at senior levels within the enterprise.
- MBA or other advanced degree
- 8+ years pertaining to overseeing systems in support of AML, BSA
- Employment experience with the Federal Reserve, OCC, OFAC, or FINCEN
In addition to the requirements mentioned above, candidates are also evaluated against job related competencies that are aligned with performance expectations for this role. These competencies are referred to as the USAA Standard.
Job Number: R0010870