Position Summary and Areas of Responsibility
We are looking for a highly qualified and motivated person based in the Americas, with extensive knowledge of financial crime prevention and experience working within financial crime compliance. The candidate will have sound knowledge of anti-money laundering laws and regulations and expertise in fighting financial crime through technology. The candidate will be willing to explore and learn new areas that may not be familiar.
This position will work in close collaboration with the AML Director regarding both subject matter-related work and content development for ACAMS’ conferences, symposia, and training activities. The position will also support the AML Director in his engagement with key clients (financial institutions) in the Americas region - regulators, central banks, industry associations, ACAMS regional chapters as appropriate and contribute towards the development of anti-financial crime thought-leadership, including research into regulatory developments, enforcement actions and developing areas of interest.
- Support the AML Director of the Americas by understanding challenges faced by key clients in the region and presenting solutions for their needs;
- Able to present and moderate topics to small and large groups about financial crime topics, whether live or via digital platforms;
- Track trends and issues related to financial crime within the region and provide input on these developments in the planning of ACAMs events, training, and external speaking engagements undertaken by the AML Director;
- Undertake research and prepare summaries about financial-crime regulatory developments, cases and contribute to content for use in thought-leadership pieces, including blogs and event-related programming;
- Assist the team with the identification, management, and assessment of speakers and trainers and the overall building of a strong Americas faculty team;
- Working closely with the AML Director Americas, and other functions, in the identification of possible webinar topics, formulation of summaries, content proposals, and interaction with target speakers;
- Assist the AML Director in the development of content for ACAMS anti-financial crime education and training;
- Perform other duties as discussed and required by AML Director Americas
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Fifteen plus years in senior anti financial crime role ideally with experience as regulator, monitor and/or senior compliance practitioner at global financial institution Degree/ Master’s Degree in politics, law, security, finance, economics and/or international relations, business, or other related fields;
- CAMS required, and advanced certification preferred;
- Must be fluent in Spanish (written and spoken) and English; Portuguese a plus.
- Strong experience in compliance/ anti-financial crime functions within financial institutions or similar experience;
- Strong experience in working with technology solutions to address AFC controls;
- Solid stakeholder management skills with the ability to present briefly to stakeholders at different levels within large organizations;
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, and ability to prioritize;
- A proactive thinker with the ability to work independently, as well as in a team;
- Strong communication and writing skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, especially Word and PowerPoint; and
- Overseas travel in Americas and beyond also likely.
- Ability to work flexible (off) hours when working on events taking place in different time zones or when important new issues break.