Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As a Compliance Manager, your responsibilities include:
•Developing a large team of leaders and analysts, including providing coaching and supporting team culture and dynamics, to meet high performance standards
•Provide clear focus, plans and priorities when leading teams to complete time-sensitive and meticulous analyses of instances of potential Anti-Money Laundering activity and/or suspicious financial activity across multiple jurisdictions and countries, which is critical to PayPal’s fiduciary responsibility under the Bank Secrecy Act (Anti-Money Laundering rules) to effectively monitor customer’s activities with regard to detecting and reporting suspicious activity, including the predicate offenses of money laundering and terrorist financing
•Establish relationships with other leaders and managers in other business units and support teams, throughout compliance and the wider PayPal organization, to influence excellent information flow and feedback on the impacts of process, policy and product changes
•Work with peer managers to leverage best practices, understand new trends and contribute to the implementation of workflow processes, tools and platform enhancement opportunities
•Assist in the development of Departmental/Program goals and exhibit the necessary leadership to ensure such goals are achieved with an emphasis on building a best in class compliance program
•Identify and be accountable as a change agent for significant business improvements as warranted and participate in cross-functional special projects designed to deliver outcomes with a significant business impact
•Participate in developing the strategic direction of the compliance operations program while regularly assessing and driving performance and program effectiveness with each Manager, to review the status of the program and set short-term goals for improvements/standards as needed
•Exercise excellent independent judgment and discretion when making decisions or recommendations in relation to each alert/case decision and investigation
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Legal, Criminal Justice or a comparable field
- Minimum of 7+ years’ related experience, 5+ years’ related experience with MS/MBA or JD
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data in order to make informed risk-based assessments and conclusions
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate constructive challenges/new ideas, and synthesize complex information accurately, concisely, clearly and quickly to all levels in the organization
- Ability to work efficiently with an attention to detail in investigations, analysis, and writing of narrative style reports designed to be delivered to regulators;
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency in performing job responsibilities
- Ability to accurately and thoroughly assess team performance holistically and communicate the same to managers, team leaders and analysts on a regular basis, using appropriate leadership and coaching models
Internal PayPal Candidates: Will consider candidates with 6+ months in role.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.