As the Client Solutions Architect (CSA), you will provide technical leadership for the Americas Professional Services (PS) Organization for key strategic services opportunities and initiatives across diverse market segments.
Through collaborating, developing, reviewing and implementing pre-sales program specific technical strategies and solutions through executing Solution Scoping Workshops led by you with our most strategic customers. These workshops are intended to be your vehicle to gather requirements to help define a “To-Be” state / solution for your Customer. You will work closely with the Client Solutions Executive, Account License Sales Executives, Pre-Sales Solutions Engineers, Solution Architects, PS Delivery Practices and members of Leadership team in developing complex and transformational technical strategies & solutions.
You will use Solutions Engineering / Architecture skills, knowledge of VMware’s and other Commercial Cloud solutions (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform), and knowledge of business requirements to provide a tailored Professional Services solution that will help client’s reach defined IT and business objectives. Building a solution may include activities such as executing workshops, conducting client interviews, secondary research, guidance from the Account Team, working with specialists, and product managers. With a clear and agreed upon client vision, you will design the solution to realize the vision and associated levels of effort. Once design is accepted you will help support and lead the development of proposals, statements of work, and client interaction in support of the solution.
You will be acting as a lead pre-sales technologist and expected to have a broad understanding of technology. To be successful you will need domain level understanding across the following areas from a broad architecture standpoint:
Infrastructure (Data Center Design, Networking, Systems Hardware, System Architecture Virtualization, Systems Management, Security) Platforms (Application Development, Application Design, SDLC, DevOps, CI/CD, Java, UI, Spring, IDEs, SOA, micro services-based architecture) Desktop (Desktops Architecture, Thin/Zero Clients, Desktop Management, Desktop Design) Management (Datacenter Management, Application Management, Desktop Management) Cloud Computing (Public, Private, Hybrid, Cross Cloud Management, Cloud Connectivity)
Job roles and responsibilities:
- Strategically drive new business in selected accounts in close alignment with the account teams and lead assigned services sales and revenue targets.
- Use specialty expertise to penetrate the market segments and evangelize VMware solutions to customers on a partnership basis, or act as a dedicated resource to other strategic accounts
- Target and cultivate a professional and consultative relationship with the customer, at the executive level, purchasing and practitioner/IT level, by developing a core understanding of the business needs of the customer within their industry.
- Take a leadership role and accountability in working with multi-functional teams to develop winning proposals and submissions (RFQs, RFIs, RFPs).
- Conduct Solution Scoping Workshops with Customer Stakeholders to drive an understanding of the “As-Is” and through your experiences develop a “To-Be” architecture
- Document the results of Solution Scoping Workshops and effectively communicate a playback to the Customer
- Understand VMware’s customer IT environment and requirements and how to align VMware’s technical value proposition.
- Development of proposals and statements of work in conjunction with services and account sales personnel
- Participate in the identification, qualification and prioritization of an opportunity pipeline
- Collaborate with the license sales and pre-sales Solution Engineering and Solution Architecture teams, PS Sales organization, PS Delivery practices, and specialist sales and engineering teams throughout opportunities and in development stages
- Report revenue and opportunity forecast, pipeline, opportunity status, challenges, and needs accurately and in a timely manner
- Participate in weekly sales meetings to present/assess the status of all existing pipeline of leads, opportunities as well as potential future target companies and pursuit strategies.
- Align with appropriate delivery teams to use follow-on business from one delivery project to another. Attend to major Project Milestones and executive Reviews.
- Be an authority in the field and a mentor/teacher to other team members
- 10+ successful selling, delivery or project management of complex consulting solution in the areas of data center consulting operations, cloud services, software applications or systems integration.
- 10+ years as a Consulting sales or integration professional in the technology space, with focused experience selling into major accounts.
- Knowledge in systems integration with emphasis on virtualization, storage, security, networking and/or data center and cloud technologies
- Comprehensive knowledge of budget cycles, procurement processes, and contract vehicles
- Experience in business marketing/coordination and submission of winning proposals (RFQs, RFIs, RFPs), effective contract negotiations, appropriate/applicable interpretation of contract terms and conditions, issue identification, risk mitigation and ensuring post-win customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated experience in closing large opportunities
- Experience in leading a regional sales territory, to include evangelizing a disruptive technology, prospecting, replacing an incumbent/competitor, and protecting the installed base.
- Demonstrated expertise in specialty, consultative, solution selling and business development skills to align the customer's needs with our solution to drive sales and close deals.
- Be a daring self-starter with strong relationship management and negotiation skills
- Has excellent written, verbal and formal presentation skills to client audiences ranging from technical implementers through CTO/CIO levels.
- Ability to coordinate, navigate and motivate the range of internal/external influencers to select and implement virtualization and mobility solutions
- Know strength and weaknesses of key competitors in the virtualization, mobility and security industry and how to use this knowledge
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- BS in Computer Science or other technical field highly desired; related experience considered in lieu of formal technical training
- Advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
- Professional experience building out solutions with VMware technologies and cloud-based technologies (e.g., AWS)
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Presentation skills with a high-degree of comfort at communicating effectively to an executive audience or large audiences
- Knowledge of application, management, virtualization, As-a-Service and orchestration software layers is a plus
- Advanced certifications (Examples include: ITIL, CISSP, VCDX) preferred.
- Strong written skills
Job ID R1810204