As a Care Manager - RN you will work in collaboration with primary care providers and care team to identify and proactively manage the needs of patients with high risk or complex medical, behavioral health and/or psychosocial problems through practice, community and home based visits and telephonic support. This will improve health care outcomes and quality of life.
STATUS: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Care Management
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, Days
- BSN required within five years of hire or Care Manager Certification required within three years after being hired.
- 5 years of clinical nursing experience
- 3-5 years of community health experience preferred.
- NYS driver’s license and car for community travel required
- Knowledge of community resources required
- Excellent communication skills and ability to form collaborative partnerships across all service settings
- Excellent project management skills
- Detail-oriented and quality-driven
- Care Plans. Develops and implements a care management plan based on patient goals, preferences and disease states to promote improved health care outcomes and quality of life.
- Community resource. links patients to appropriate community resources, facilitates referral to appropriate care services, supports patient self-management, and communicates with providers in order to reduce barriers to improved health care outcomes
- Team Player. serves as an integral member of the primary care practice's care team, assesses patients for risk of adverse health outcomes, and measures the impact of care management interventions.