Ambulatory Care Manager - RN
5 - 7 years experience •
As a Ambulatory Care Manager - RN you will work in collaboration with primary care providers and care team to identify and proactively manage the needs of patients with high risk or complex medical, behavioral health and/or psychosocial problems through practice, community and home based visits and telephonic support. This will improve health care outcomes and quality of life.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Reidman Campus
DEPARTMENT: Care Management
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, Days
- BSN required within five years of hire or Care Manager Certification required within three years after being hired.
- 5 years of clinical nursing experience
- 3-5 years of community health experience preferred.
- NYS driver’s license and car for community travel required
- Knowledge of community resources required
- Excellent communication skills and ability to form collaborative partnerships across all service settings
- Excellent project management skills
- Detail-oriented and quality-driven
- Care Plans. Develops and implements a care management plan based on patient goals, preferences and disease states to promote improved health care outcomes and quality of life.
- Community resource. links patients to appropriate community resources, facilitates referral to appropriate care services, supports patient self-management, and communicates with providers in order to reduce barriers to improved health care outcomes
- Team Player. serves as an integral member of the primary care practice's care team, assesses patients for risk of adverse health outcomes, and measures the impact of care management interventions.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA); RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED)
Job ID REQ_85393