We seek an ambitious Alumni Relations Manager who can lead the development and execution of marketing strategies for U.S. and international alumni initiatives across all Walden colleges in our Columbia location. This individual will be a member of the Walden University Marketing Team, reporting to the Director of Alumni Relations.
The Alumni Relations Manager is responsible for understanding and translating the student experience, conceptualizing the end-to-end journey, understanding educational and career trends within target industries, and working with cross-functional teams to increase referrals, annual participation rates, brand loyalty, alumni re-enrollment, and lifelong engagement. This person will also recruit volunteers/mentors, promote and manage events (both virtual and regional), and execute a robust communications mix that drives engagement and builds connections which contribute to key performance goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an overarching content management strategy, communications plan, and university workflow process to boost engagement and participation from 115k+ U.S. and international alumni.
- Shape an annual marketing strategy with quarterly campaigns that target benefits and services to 10k+ new graduates, 12k+ lifelong learners, and 1500+ alumni volunteers of the Ambassador Program. Leverage the new alumni hub web site, social media platforms, and other communications channels to expand our reach. Partner with student-facing teams to expand alumni touchpoints at Walden community events and partner employers across the U.S.
- Create and manage targeted e-mail marketing campaigns, fresh web content for multiple university sites, and print collateral to enrich the post-graduate experience, connect alumni/students for professional networking, and inspire lifelong involvement with the Walden community. Manage a communications dashboard and provide proactive and weekly insights that can positively influence business and engagement drivers.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Product Marketing, Public Relations, Institutional Research, International, University Events, CRM, Media Analytics, Graduation/Registrar, CAO, Business Development, and Academic teams to optimize referral, enrollment, advocacy, and retention initiatives.
- Measure alumni engagement KPIs, generate volunteer and participation statistics, increase re-enrollment, and proactively recruit successful alumni for leadership opportunities throughout the university.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 5+ years in alumni relations and/or marketing experiencerequired.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience developing marketing communications plans preferred.
- Must be professional, data driven/analytical, a team player, and well organized.
- Prior experience working in higher education, with CRM platforms, membership marketing, or customer service is a plus.
- Superlative oral, written, presentation, and relationship-building skills are necessary to succeed.
- Exceptional problem solver with an innovative approach to leveraging resources.
- Committed to customer service and must embrace a metrics-driven environment.
- Volunteer, project, and web content management experiencepreferred.
- Job ID 32161BR