AllianceBernstein (AB) is a leading global investment-management firm that offers high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional investors, financial intermediaries and private-wealth clients in major global markets. Our client base includes some of the world's leading institutions as well as private-wealth clients and retail investors. We maintain research, portfolio-management, wealth-management and client-service offices around the world, reflecting our global capabilities and the needs of our clients. Partnering closely with clients, our research and portfolio management teams collaborate across asset classes, regions, sectors, and investment strategies to spark new thinking and deliver superior outcomes. We foster an inclusive environment that offers opportunities for team members to continually learn, develop their skills and take on new challenges to progress in their careers.
Client Group Overview
The Client Group has a presence in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia, and is composed of five main areas:
- Sales & Client Services works with financial intermediaries and institutions to offer diversified investment solutions that help c lients build and preserve their wealth
- Business Development is a conduit to the firm's investment teams and supports our clients and internal business partners through investment-platform and product content, messaging, competitive analysis and education
- Product Strategy & Development designs, develops and manages the firm's global lineup of investment services and considers clients' evolving needs to identify new opportunities
- Marketing promotes the firm and its services by creating, packaging and distributing content and messaging to engage diverse audiences through digital platforms and initiatives, strategic campaigns, and events
- Business Transformation looks to evolve and scale our business, leveraging digital and data, to drive top-line growth and improve profitability
AllianceBernstein is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.
The objective of product strategy and development is to drive top and bottom line growth through innovation, development and lifecycle management of differentiated solutions that we offer to clients.
AB's investment capabilities span global and regional Equity, Fixed Income, Multi Asset and Alternatives. AB's Alternative investment capabilities currently span Private Credit, Real Estate, Multi-Manager, Hedged Equity, PE Fund-of-Funds, Relative Value/Credit and Opportunistic strategies.
Product Strategy & Development partners with the firm's investment, business development and distribution teams to optimize firm's global alternatives product platform for clients of the firm's AB's High Net Worth, Institutional, Retail global distribution channels, as well as 3rd party platforms from time to time.
The Assistant Vice President of Alternative Product Strategy and Development works closely with diverse cross-functional teams to help drive focused agenda of high impact product initiatives.
This role provides exposure to senior professionals and the opportunity for career advancement.
- Support research and design, offering material creation, internal and regulatory approvals, and implementation of new Alternative offerings, and enhancements to existing offerings.
- Work with and build solid relationships with diverse cross-functional departments throughout the firm, to guide the product development process efficiently.
Includes business development, investment management, legal, fund admin, risk, compliance, finance, as well as external partners, and new service providers from time to time.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, to leverage the firm's existing alternatives platform of established terms, vehicle types, client experience standards and service providers where applicable and appropriate.
Current array of vehicle types includes: Partnerships, SICAV-SIFs, AIFs, UCITs, SOPARFI, RAIF, Interval, Closed End, Trusts, etc. in Delaware, Luxembourg, Cayman, and beyond. Other vehicle types that create best-fit may be considered.
- Support research and design by building, or commissioning relevant teams to build, schematics, work-flows, and models to frame-out, new and innovative investments, features, processes or structures.
- Work with cross-functional teams to confirm understanding, and synthesize, cost, opportunity, risk and time-to-market impacts of new features for review with senior management.
- Support analysis of existing products for potential enhancement, to respond to changes in regulatory or competitive landscape, or to winddown, merge or decommission where appropriate.
- Create internal-use term sheets to detail investment offering and operational terms of a new service, or enhancements to an existing service.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to finalize terms, positioning, timetables, internal and external product approval materials.
- Review offering docs to confirm alignment with agreed-to investment, offering, and operational terms.
- Guide implementation of initiatives utilizing cross-functional timelines, open issue trackers, and check-in calls to affirm on track.
- Monitor progress against target dates and milestones, escalate issues or obstacles, and provide status updates to management.
- Help maintain Alternatives Product Pipeline calendar, and prioritization and reprioritization of initiatives as needed.
Job Qualifications & Key Attributes
The ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience with at least 2 years of experience in a Senior Analyst / Associate role at an asset management / alternative asset management firm in a product development/management or strategy function; strategy consulting firm; or investment bank
- BS/BA concentration in marketing, economics or Finance. FINRA Series 6, 7, 63 required (can be acquired post hire)
- Broad investment management and financial market knowledge across asset classes
- An understanding of alternatives market place and regulatory environment in the US and international markets.
- Knowledge of the institutional and retail marketplace: understanding client needs, market trends and competitive landscape
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability; well-developed critical thinking skills
- Build strong internal networks, collaborate effectively and with individuals at a range of levels from a variety of departments
- Ability to lead and motivate a cross-section of teams to achieve timely and efficient execution of various projects
- Capable of dealing with changing priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Detail oriented with ability to work independently and maintain high standards
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Experience making workflows more efficient
- Proven ability to multi-task across projects/requests and works well under time demands
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint, and One Note.
- Strong working knowledge of industry analytical tools including HFRI.