Alternatives Closed End Fund Accounting VP
Our client, a highly well known investment management company is seeking an Alternatives Closed End Fund Accounting VP.
The Global Fund and Accounting Services division is responsible for providing operational support to THE firms portfolio management teams and clients. Together with financial statements and audit oversight, the US Fund Services has responsibility for all NAV and fund accounting matters, carried out by a number of teams in different locations. Global Fund and Accounting Services is central to operations in providing subject matter expertise, monitoring fund administrator service delivery in relation to fund accounting and financialreporting, monitoring operational capacity for new products, contributing to projects in relation to product launches and liaising with fund administrators, auditors, fund directors and portfolio managers. The group is comprised of a number of teams and is organized both functionally and regionally.
Our client is looking for a strong team member in the Global Fund and Accounting Services (“GFAS”) team in Willington, DE that will supportinvestment operations for one of the firms Alternative investment teams. The product set primarily consists of Illiquid Credit Closed End Alternative/Hybrid Portfolios.
- Review NAVs of the firm’s alternative investment fund products, including detailed review and analysis of key reconciliations and fee calculations.
- Facilitate expense processing amongst the Alternative Portfolios and our external administrators.
- Review annual audited financial statements.
- Liaise with funds’ independent auditors and administrators.
- Supportrequired regulatory filings, such as Form PQR, Form PF, and AIFMD filings.
- Communicate performance results to investors and resolve investors’ questions.
- Custom reporting and projects for investor specific needs.
- Partnering and communicating with various internal business units regarding fund products and performance data.
- Group project opportunities related to implementation of new product accounting, operational procedures, and planning / evaluating technology enhancements.
- Support the investment and business team with marketing and product launches
- 6+ years of relevant investment/fund accounting or public accounting (audit) experience, specifically supporting investment funds, alternatives experience a plus
- BS/BA degree in finance/ accounting, CPA a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong accounting skills, including knowledge of US GAAP and financial statement presentation for investment companies
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and planning skills, including the ability to multitask
- Strong technical abilities with an ability to get in the weeds where necessary
- Ability to manage projects, work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast paced and team oriented environment. Management experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, emphasis on Excel. Experience with VBA is a plus
- Ability to work and deliver results independently, a self-starter