WSP is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We provide services to transform the built environment and restore the natural environment, and our expertise ranges from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, and from developing the energy sources of the future to enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. We have approximately 31,500 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, and various environmental experts. We are based in more than 500 offices across 39 countries worldwide.
Our Transportation group is actively seeking a Supervising Structure Engineer to join our Seattle, WA office. The position will be providing structural engineering support on a multitude of transportation projects including alternative delivery projects. This person will work closely with the Area Manager and West Region Structures TEC Manager to support the pursuit and delivery of the WSP projects. Major focus areas for the person in this role include:
- Provide structure project operations management including oversight of project financial performance, adherence to project management and quality control plans, and adequacy of risk management plans
- Support marketing efforts on pursuits, client relations development & proposal preparation on alternative delivery projects
- Provide leadership in preparation of structure project deliverables
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to promote and drive WSP’s growth and continued success in the Washington region.
The Candidate must have experience in Structures Planning, Design and Construction as well as experience in the transportation industry, focusing on a combination of any of the following: Alterative Project Delivery, Business Development and Project Management. Other requirements include: General
- Demonstrated, balanced, solid management/leadership skills, including the ability to lead a design team
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects
- Good writing, verbal, and presentation skills
- The ability to work in the United States immediately
- BS degree or higher in Engineering
- Washington PE registration required; Washington SE registration a plus
- Strong civil and structure PS&E design; experience with WSDOT a plus
- Experience working on large, multi-discipline, infrastructure capital projects