We are searching for an attorney specializing in investment management and private fund formation to support the company’s alternatives businesses. The attorney will be responsible for providing legal advice and consultation focusing on a variety of legal issues relating to alternative investment funds, and assisting in coordinating projects and managing business relationships. Based on business demand, the attorney may assist any of the company’s alternative business units, including our private equity, hedge fund, credit, and infrastructure businesses. Specific responsibilities will include taking a lead role on fund formation and client negotiation, as well as coordinating investments into third-party managed funds. This role offers high visibility and provides a platform for making a material impact to the company legal & compliance department.
- Requires a J.D. with superior academic credentials from a nationally-recognized law school and three to five years’ experience as a lawyer in a major law firm or the legal department of an alternative investment fund management firm or the alternative investment division at an investment bank. Fund formation experience and familiarity with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Dodd-Frank Act and federal securities laws are required.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple time sensitive matters in a demanding, fast-paced and fluid environment. The candidate must have the ability to coordinate complex projects involving different business groups and to assist the business in implementing solutions across the broad range of the company’s products and services.
- Having a business and solution-oriented approach to interacting and working with clients is critical for this role.
- Exceptional analytical, written and oral communication and relationship-building skills required, as is a proven track record working as a member of a team. The candidate must have a strong ability to solve problems in a practical manner and to communicate complex concepts in an understandable way.
- The candidate should also be capable of overseeing work done by external counsel.