The Alliance Marketing team’s mission is to build comprehensive marketing plans that support the go-to-market strategy of key strategic alliance partners. This is an opportunity to be a part of the Citrix team delivering global initiatives with our strategic alliance partners. Alliance Marketing is an integral part of the partnership and leads awareness, sales readiness, and demand/lead generation efforts on our joint solutions.
This is an externally facing role in which the candidate must develop and use a deep understanding of our products and strategy to succeed. The Senior Alliance Marketing Manager will be responsible for engaging directly with our Strategic Global Partner, Microsoft. This is a role with global interactions and the candidate will work across geographies and with a cross-functional group including sales readiness, integrated marketing and product marketing professionals. Specific activities may include marketing program development and execution, event plan execution, seminars, webinars, messaging and collateral, sales tools, and social media and web marketing. This person will be required to manage the budget and spend for these programs.
- Drive worldwide joint marketing campaigns and programs on our joint solutions with Microsoft based on the overall strategy and marketing plan
- Understand the strategic relationship with our alliance partners, the go-to-market plan with them and how that fits into Citrix’s strategy and vision.
- Work with the regional, product, and digital marketing teams to execute the marketing plan and identify activities that will meet the business, alliance marketing and corporate marketing objectives.
- Drive partner events, webinars and in-person roadshows:
- Co-ordinate weekly calls, support messaging efforts, assign team roles and responsibilities, work with local marketing leads, identify event resourcing/staff, booth design, signage, promos, internal communication and other budget/event logistics
- Develop web marketing and content syndication programs, which incorporate social media to complement the programs and key initiatives of the alliance.
- Responsible for internal communications and updates to internal and external websites including both Citrix and Microsoft web platforms.
- Support the global and regional sales and channel readiness teams to make sure that the joint messages, content and programs are developed and reach the wider sales and channel communities.
- Responsible for managing the overall lead process including providing information for evaluation purposes and quarterly reports
- Use the Alliance Marketing Dashboard to track metrics, collect lead data and deliver reports on lead progress and programs ROI
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Good business acumen and a solid understanding of lead-to-sales process
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to manage and implement a wide variety of marketing programs including awareness and demand generation programs and major alliance partner events
- Ability to work cross functionally as part of a global virtual team
- Good understanding of product positioning and messaging to support the development of joint messaging for programs, events, newsletters, websites, etc.
Education, Training, Experience
- College Degree required
- 7-9 years experience in the marketing department for enterprise software or hardware companies;
- 5-7 years experience in alliance and/or channel partner marketing – Microsoft experience a plus
- International marketing experience is desirable
- Travel is required up to 25%; some international. Must have a passport.