Alarm System Auditor
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Enjoy the independence of a flexible work schedule as an Alarm System Auditor! This position is remote with travel in the San Francisco Bay and surrounding areas.
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
If you have...
* Experience in inspecting fire and burglar alarm system installations
* At least 8years of fire/burglar alarm industry experience
* IT Networking experience
* Some college education in applied sciences
* NICET II certification is a plus
We would like to hear from you!
As an Alarm System Auditor, you are expected to conduct all burglar and fire alarm system field inspections and service tests to determine that assigned alarm installation companies are providing Certificates and service in compliance with UL and other applicable requirements. We are looking for someone with expereince in installing or servicing Fire or Burglar systems to handle the following additional responsibilities:
- Conducts annual field inspections of all burglar and fire alarm systems to verify that performance of the system, arrangement of monitoring devices, continuity of circuits, wiring of control units, and other security elements are consistent with the types of systems listed on the Certificates. Prepares report of findings and follows up to verify that deficiencies are resolved.
- Maintains and applies current knowledge of all applicable burglar and fire alarm equipment and installation standards, the National Electrical Code, National Fire Codes, applicable building codes, latest alarm equipment technology, alarm technology practices and UL policies and procedures.
- Conducts Listing inspections for all burglar and fire alarm systems, by examining and evaluating equipment to verify that components are compatible with each other and the system meets applicable standards. Prepares procedure reports, correspondence and associated materials related to new work, revisits, and Listing inspections.
- Communicates with customers to schedule appointments, discuss UL requirements for Listing compliance, explain results of field inspections, and resolve adverse field report findings. Provides information to Authorities Having Jurisdiction and other external bodies as required. May assist in educating the public in areas of burglar and fire alarm safety.
- Conducts annual central station monitoring inspections by examining and evaluating facilities to verify that the equipment, standby power, installation techniques, service, and building are in compliance with UL standards. Conducts Listing inspections.
- Reads and interprets equipment installation literature, wiring diagrams and building blueprints to verify that alarm system equipment and operations room security meet UL requirements for installation, operation and maintenance.
- Develops and manages a work schedule from an annual assignment of work. This includes scheduling appointments with customers, reviewing files for a profile of past performance, selecting certificates to be analyzed, and arranging travelschedules and hotel accommodations.
- Conducts building consultations by reviewing building plans/blueprints and performing site inspections to evaluate suitability of construction materials, electrical systems, utilities, security, signal processing and administrative systems.
- Analyzes previous year’s inspectionreports to verify and check inspection results.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Some University education in applied science or a related discipline + NICET* II plus.
- Eight years directly related experiencerequired.
- Detailed knowledge of the technical vocabulary common to the fire and burglar alarm industry.
- Working knowledge of applicable testing apparatus and techniques common to the fire and burglar alarm industry.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare procedure reports and associated materials related to Listing inspections.
- Knowledge of IT networks a plus.