- Recognized leader: Rated #1 Prepaid Wireless Provider in the U.S.
- Technology driven: Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology
- Teamwork: A supportive team environment that thrives on innovation.
- Culture: An entrepreneurial focus, where ownership and ingenuity are expected.
- Benefits: Excellent health benefits, Matching 401K, and education reimbursement.
- Support production, test and development hardware platforms by monitoring for issues, troubleshooting issues, and fulfilling end user requests.
- Perform setup and configuration for network and storage dependent devices
- Setup installation of monitoring and security products. OS hardening
- Perform patch management and system upgrades
- Monitor and identify performance and security issues and escalate or resolve
- Install and configure new equipment, break / fix maintenance on equipment, participate in data center moves of equipment, inventory, asset management and configuration management
- Support IBM SAN and related servers and appliances
- A BS degree in computer science or Information Technology or a related field or equivalent combination of education and or experience.
- IBM/AIX or related certifications a plus.
- Three to five years of previous systems administration experience on multiple hardware platforms and operating systems in a large environment (at least 200 servers). A minimum of three years experience in AIX environment is required.
- 3-5 years in Tivoli suite products, TSM.
- 3-5 years in IBM Pxx series
- 3-5 years of IBM or EMC storage
- 3 years of IBM Information Archive
- 3 years of IBM PowerVM and Power HA
- 3 years of SAN Fabric experience. Brocade and rebranded Brocade IBM or HP
- Knowledge in IBM PDOA appliance or equivalent distributed system and databasearchitecture
- Skilled in IBM system HA technology (HACMP or similar)
- Skilled in Live Partition Mobility
- Knowledge of Linux, Solaris and HP-UX is highly desirable. General operational knowledge of DB2 databases is preferred
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating environments and client server technology (DBMS, WebLogic, jBoss, Websphere, Coldfusion, etc).
- Knowledge of networking concepts.
- Knowledge of Data Power appliances.
- Working skill level in system performance tuning and troubleshooting.