Role AIX Admin
Location Albany, NY 12237
Must be local
Expert 84+ Months Experience
- 84 months of experienceworking with p series hardware and the AIX operating system, including management of logical partitions, VIOS servers, and volume groups.
- 84 monthsexperience using an HMC and NIM to manage logical partitions.
- 84 monthsexperience programming korn shell scripts and perl scripts that will be used to create monitoring reports to alert staff of performance issues and potential problems.
- 84 monthsexperience using logical adapters in lpar creation utilizing SEA and NPIV.
- 84 monthsexperienceworking with the Linux operating system, including installing, patching, monitoring, debugging, and fixing the operating system.
- 84 monthsexperience setting up and managing a high-availability AIX server environment, specifically dynamic lpars.
- 84 monthsexperience setting up and maintaining GPFS to include upgrading GPFS, performance monitoring of GPFS filesystems and underlying disk management through GPFS commands.
- 84 monthsexperience using mksysb and backupios to create bare metal backups to would include using these backups to clone lpars or VIOS servers.
- Create and customize AIX logical partitions.
- Create, expand, and remove filesystems and logical volumes.
- Set up and monitor system backups.
- Create scripts to monitor performance and send email alerts.
- Patch and upgrade the operating system.
- Provide security.
- Fix hardware and software problems.
- Manage IBM support cases.
- Install and update unbundled software.
- Work closely with other system administrators and system users.
- Provide daily status reports.
- Document what was done.