The Gateway Supervisor is responsible for coordination of all aspects of air export shipments worldwide. Oversee the daily operations of the Gateway Department and quality control.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Coordination of all aspects of the delivery (including, but not limited to, billing, rate quotation, approval of vendor invoices, etc.).
• Scheduling of pick-ups daily.
• Review client SOP’s and introduce SOP to responsible coordinators.
• Process AES in accordance with U.S. regulations.
• Mandatory daily correspondence with overseas offices.
• Train and advise team and clients in areas of Export Administration Regulations, Consularization Regulations, and Air/Ocean Carrier services.
• Identify areas of concern in the clients’ export process through monitoring of team. performance against Company and client standards, regular audit of shipment documents and accounting, and periodic client reviews.
• Support client in regulatory compliance by suggesting solutions in concern areas and by providing research and advice services in the areas of Export Administration Regulations, Department of Commerce Regulations, Consularization Regulations, Uniform Custom.
• Adhere to all shipping and export regulations.
• Escalate any unresolved issues or risks before they materially impact KN.
• Work closely with other departments to deliver high level of service to customers.
• Monitor KPI’s for Global Key accounts to ensure all data quality is met.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Resolve issues respective to meeting client requirements for transit times and data input – general customer service inquiries related to tracking & Tracing resolve billing discrepancies and discrepancies against client SOP’s.
Your skills and experience
• College degree and/or certification a plus.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in airfreight Export
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent team building skills
• Strong ability to work under pressure and resolve conflict
• Solid knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities and ocean ports along with basic knowledge of U.S. Regulatory Laws
• Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks
• Strong PC skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills