$150K — $200K *
The Airframe Structural Analysis Engineer is responsible for analyzing airframe structures for stress and strength requirements, material selection, stiffness requirements, weight optimization, and performance for Bell’s Military and Commercial Programs.
· Leads the team in the analysis of airframe structures throughout entire product design lifecycle including trade studies, conceptual design, preliminary design, detail design, engineering release, technical reviews, and production and field support.
· Responsible for performing detailed analysis of advanced composite and metallic structure using classical hand calculations and FE tools to develop high performance airframe structures
· Performs diverse and complex product development, modification, and evaluation of components, by applying engineering principles
· Applies scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure the outcome and consequence of design, in terms of stress, strength, life, stiffness, and weight, providing alternatives as needed
· Utilizes and interprets predictive models to simulate and verify design concepts. Performs static analysis using industry standard calculations methods (i.e. Bruhn, Roark Flabel, and O.E.M. structures manuals)
· Apply basic engineering principles/concepts to complete tasks under the supervision of the technical lead engineer
· Contributes to the completion milestones associated with specific projects (e.g. create functional diagrams and system layouts; review detailed drawings and schematics; define data structure, interfaces and analyze material requirements)
· Demonstrates basic knowledge of aircraft structure and Bell design and production processes
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent is required
· Master’s Degree is preferred
· At least 10 years’ experience in Aerospace structural analysis experience, including knowledge of structural analysis and fatigue.
· Experience in Helicopter structural design is preferred, including composites.
· Proven self-starter requiring minimal supervision, with excellent foresight and problem solving skills.
· Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, including root cause determination and corrective action, and have the ability to work effectively within a team
· Must have the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively to coordinate analysis activities, prioritize tasks, and report status to program management.
· Ability to delegate, prioritize tasks and work assignments, mentor junior engineers, and identify and provide opportunities for career development for junior engineers on team.
· Must be able to build and maintain effective relationships with customers, internal and external suppliers, as well as horizontal integrations across the other teams to complete design tasks
· PC proficiency in NASTRAN / PATRAN, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both verbal and written).
Valid through: 4/23/2021