We are currently seeking an Airfield Engineer/Project Manager to join the Aviation Practice.
RS&H is passionate about aviation. We choose to design and manage a wide variety of civil projects at airports throughout the U.S. and abroad. Our projects reach hundreds of millions of dollars in construction value. Our Associates focus on innovative design and technical excellence with a passion for completing projects on time, within budget and to our client's complete satisfaction. RS&H fosters valued service and reward our staff who are creative, organized, self-motivated and collegial. You will have an opportunity to advance your career and professional development as the engineering discipline leader on airport projects. You will have the opportunity to lead, develop and deliver projects of varying sizes and complexity, initiate and maintain client contact and assist the team in winning the work.
Activities include the geometric design of runways, taxiways and aprons; bituminous and concrete pavement design; storm water and utility infrastructure design; coordination with airports, airlines, FAA and other tenants; and construction administration/management. This is a unique opportunity to join a team that will embrace your ideas to even better serve our great family of airport clients.
- Bachelor's or Masters of Engineering degree in Civil Engineering or other professionally recognized equivalent discipline from an accredited ABET university.
- 8+ years of experience with 2+ years in Civil design of airport-related facilities at medium and/or large hub airports.
- North Carolina PE registration or ability to obtain within 6 months of starting
- Previous project management and team leader experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required for use in completing assignments.