It’s about the journey. Whether it’s a bus ride or flight, our commercial electronic systems help transport millions of passengers every day. Every second a plane takes off somewhere in the world, enabled by our flight-critical products. On the ground, our electric and hybrid solutions save more than 22 million gallons of fuel per year. Be part of our journey at Electronic Systems where you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the industry’s most difficult problems.
In Controls & Avionics Solutions, you will have the opportunity to help define and develop the next generation of avionics –whether it is fly-by-wire flight controls, full authority digital engine controls, or power management. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Our Engine Systems product line is looking for a Program Manager to provide leadership and management oversight of Airborne Commercial & Military FADEC (Full-Authority Digital Engine Control) project teams assuring the project’s financials, schedule and technical objectives are met and that the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved. This Program Manager will additionally support the pursuit and capture on new business opportunities for the Airborne Commercial & Military FADEC business.
In this role you will:
- Be accountable for all aspects of assigned programs identification, strategy, bidding, capture and execution (cost, schedule, technical performance, quality, inventory management, and customer engagement) and for ensuring program commitments are met, having the authority to make cogent and timely decisions related to the project.
- Develop, execute and keep current the program plan providing guidelines for daily operation of the program in accordance with the company’s Lifecycle Management Guidelines and the Operational Framework processes.
- Manage the cost, schedule, and technical performance of the team through integrated risk and opportunity management.
- Implement a change control process and maintain a current program baseline which reflects the authorized scope of work. Negotiate adjustments for out of scope efforts with the internal team, our partner(s) and/or customer(s).
- Lead design to cost activities to ensure that production costs align with the internal business case. You will work closely with manufacturing and engineering personnel in our Fort Wayne, IN facility to ensure that they are engaged in the development process and that the developed product meets the longer term manufacturing strategy.
- Encourage positive team morale and ensure that program accomplishments are recognized and celebrated.
- Act as primary point of contact between BAE Systems and the customer program office, partners, suppliers, and key program stakeholders. Establish, maintain and promote good relationships with program stakeholders and ensure that needs are met.
- Be responsible and accountable to the Business Segment Management for program execution, profitability, timeliness, and overall success. Make decisions that are cost effective and ensure assigned projects meet financial commitments for orders, sales, profit and cash flow. Keep management informed of program status and any technical, cost, schedule, or administrative issues. Prepare program reviews and program reporting as required.
- Lead or participate in the creation of new business strategies and capture including development of strategic and financial plans.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
- Minimum of 10 years experience managing complex multi-discipline development projects and/or Integrated Product Teams in a high tempo environment
- Expertise applying project management tools and techniques
- Very strong presentation, organizational and data analysis skills
- Highly adaptable with a high degree of initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Master of Engineering and/or Business Administration
- Experience in business case development, analysis, and presentation
- Detailed knowledge of the commercial and defense aerospace market
- Experience managing multi-discipline aerospace programs
- New business capture lead experience
- Secret Clearance
Req #: 46502BR