ERM seeks an experienced Air Quality Project Manager to provide technical expertise, project and team management, and business development support for our Air Quality technical team in Anchorage, AK. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior professional to manage and contribute technically tochallenging air quality compliance assurance, permitting, climate change, and related compliance projects for oil & gas, chemical, energy, and industrial clients in Alaska, throughout the Northwest US, and potentially international locations. The successful candidate will also network with ERM's national air quality technical team to share best practices and consulting opportunities, as you build a rewarding career path with a global environmental leader.
ERM’s Air Quality & Climate Change technical community pursues and wins highly innovative engagements for the most interesting clients, providing the full breadth of air quality and climate change services. With annual global sales in excess of $50 million, ERM’s Air Quality & Climate Change technical community is one of the largest among its peers in our industry and is steadily growing at a double-digit pace. In North America alone, ERM has more than 300 dedicated air quality and climate change professionals assisting clients with projects as diverse as developing responses to emerging Low Carbon Fuel Standards, to leading complex capital projects through the many hurdles associated with the NSR permitting program.
- Manage strategic air permits and compliance assurance programs for a variety of industrial clients with complex technical/regulatory issues. Work closely with clients and develop strong relationships to understand specific processes and develop a permitting and compliance strategy to help clients maintain maximum operating flexibility. Achieve client’s expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Serve as a technical resource on air quality compliance assurance and permitting programs, including regulatory analyses of industrial facility operations; major and minor source air permit applications under NSR, PSD, Title V, and state-level regulations; and NESHAP MACT compliance programs.
- Interact with local regulators to steward permit application review and issuance.
- Build and maintain client relationships that generate repeat business to grow the Air Quality service area in Alaska.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads.
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand ERM’s profile and market share in theregional air quality, climate change, and oil & gas, chemical, and power markets (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development).
- Effectively manage project teams (including across multiple ERM offices), including appropriately delegating project assignments to project teams and mentoring junior staff.
- Have 10+ years of experience in consulting or industry.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Understand both Federal and State of Alaska air regulations.
- Ability to effectively manage medium to large air quality projects.
- Able to delegate effectively to staff, to counsel senior-level client representatives, and toeffectively negotiate with regulatory agencies.
- Experience working in the upstream and mid-stream oil and gas world and a good understanding of the HSSE requirements of oil and gas work.
- Experience and familiarity working in arctic environmental settings – adverse weather and remote settings.