Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an Air Quality Permitting Specialist in our Houston, TX office.
This position will be responsible for providing engineering support for emission inventories, air permit applications, and air dispersion modeling studies on a variety of air permitting/modeling projects.
Our successful candidate will have experienceworking with state and federal air quality permitting agencies, emissions estimation, conducting BACT analyses and other air quality-related engineering analyses.
- Manage projects and tasks for air quality permitting
- Conduct emission control engineering studies for existing, proposed, and newly constructed commercial and industrialfacilities with a focus on combustion processes and cost analyses
- Perform air dispersion modeling and prepare BACT and LAER analyses
- Conduct air pollutant regulation applicability studies and permitting strategies
- Prepare air permit applications and correspondence and conduct negotiations with regulatory agencies
- BS in Mechanical, Environmental, Chemical or Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline; MSpreferred
- 5 to 10 years of air quality engineering experience for LNG, energy and other industrialprocesses
- PE certification preferably in Texas or Louisiana or ability to obtain in 2 yrs
- Experience developing dispersion modeling protocols and conducting air dispersion modeling
- Experience interpreting and applying TCEQ, EPA, and other states’ air permitting, emission and air quality regulations; experience with Texas, Louisiana, and EPA air quality regulations is desired
- Experience preparing, submitting, and negotiating state and federal air permit applications; experience with EIS/EAs and FERC applications preferred
- Experience permitting under Best Available Control Technology (BACT), Lowest Achievable Emission Rate (LAER), Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Nonattainment New Source Review (NNSR) requirements under the Clean Air Act
- Experience in performing air quality modeling studies with refind (AERMOD) and screening techniques in conjuction with air permit applications
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, project management, and data interpretation skills with attention to detail and a high quality of work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible to a variety of schedules to meet business needs and able to quickly adapt to change
- Excellent communication, presentation, and technical writing skills; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel domestically to support business needs