ERM is seeking a hands-on Air Quality Measurement Project Manager (Stack Testing and Air Monitoring) looking for a career opportunity based out of ERM's Northeast Business Unit (ideally Rochester, NY, but other locations are possible). As a field team leader, you will manage and conduct air monitoring and emissions measurement activities, equipment calibrations and maintenance, routine emission analysis, as well as collect, organize, and manage field data for air quality compliance and emissions assessment programs. The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage and implement high-demand field programs, supporting the rigors of travel and work away from the home office (anticipated to average 50% of your time).
ERM’s Air Quality & Climate Change technical community pursues and wins highly innovative engagements for the most interesting clients, providing the full breadth of air quality and climate change services. With annual global sales in excess of $50 million, ERM’s Air Quality & Climate Change technical community is one of the largest among its peers in our industry and is steadily growing at a double-digit pace. In North America alone, ERM has more than 300 dedicated air quality and climate change professionals assisting clients with projects as diverse as developing responses to emerging Emissions Standards, to leading complex capital projects through the many hurdles associated with the NSR permitting program.
- Direct field test programs using USEPA Reference Methods at refineries and other major sources.
- Prepare comprehensive emission test reports for submittal to clients.
- Collect, organize, and manage field data for air quality compliance and emissions assessment programs.
- Manage multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Manage and/or work with air quality engineers and lead field teams supporting clients to execute project scope and plans for specific-site testing and data collection.
- Transport company equipment to project sites with ERM-owned vehicles and trailers.
- Perform instrumentation operation, maintenance and calibration of sampling/testing equipment.
- Prepare cost estimates and technical proposals for clients, including the development of detailed scopes of work.
- Ensure the safety of oneself and one’s team members during project operations.
- Support equipment calibrations and maintenance, routine emission analysis, as well as collect, organize, and manage field data for air quality compliance and emissions assessment programs, including calculation of emission results using Excel spreadsheets.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical or environmental engineering; or environmental science.
- 10 to 15 years of air quality measurement/ stack testing experience, with progressive project management and field team leadership responsibilities.
- Willingness to travel to project sites throughout North America. Travel 50+% of the time.
- Good mechanical skills and general knowledge and/or understanding of electrical components.
- Understanding of CEM systems, operations, and reporting.
- Physically able to lift equipment (~50 lbs.) and climb ladders/platforms to perform stack emission testing.
- Good driving record and ability to obtain DOT medical card for intrastate driving/transport.
- Strong MS Office and Excel skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter below. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview OR Video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.