Air Permitting Engineer
Conversion Technology, Inc. (CTI) is an environmental and safety consulting firm located in Norcross, GA. The air permitting engineer will provide consulting to industrial facilities on environmental projects. Focuses will include air quality permitting, emissions inventory, plume dispersion modeling, and other environmental regulatory topics. Specifically, the job will include visiting industrial manufacturing facilities to observe operations and monitor how the operations impact the environment.
- Preparation of compliance reports and permit applications for submittal to the facilities and/or governmental agencies that document how the facility performs.
- Analyze data and prepare air permit applications for submittal to state and federal environmental agencies. Applications will include SIP, Title V, and PSD applications.
- Calculate air emissions from industrial processes.
- Gather site specific emission data and enter into plume dispersion modeling software and evaluate the results against respective action levels.
- Prepare periodic compliance reports for submittal to federal and state environmental agencies.
- Assist clients in compliance with NSPS, NESHAP, and BACT
REQUIREMENTS & BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- The job will involve approximately 30-40% travel, mostly in the Southeastern US.
- BachelorDegree in Chemical, Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in preparing air permit applications.
- Be a motivated self-starter and self-?learner, very organized, have good logic, strong attention to detail, and analytical skills.
- Have client focused attitude and willingness to understand client's needs and add value.
- Proficient with technology, including Microsoft Office and AutoCAD software.
- Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance, long term disability insurance, paid vacation, alternate work schedule options, and access to a matching retirement account after a specified period of employment.
CTI is a diversified, growth-?oriented environmental and safety engineering consulting firm located in Norcross, GA. Our clients are located across the United States, with the majority located in the Southeast. Our clients range from small to large industrial facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- air permit writing: 2years (Preferred)
- Autocad: 2years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)