We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences. See More
Bell is seeking a self-motivated airframe design engineer to join Bell's V-280 Valor Team and support the development of this new product. The Airframe Design Engineer is responsible for design activities related to the preparation and release of engineering data related to the development of this aircraft. This position must maintain compliance to the Airframe Design Manual, Best Practices, Customer and Regulatory Specifications, Bell procedures, and Program Directives. This position is based at Bell's Ft. Worth, TX headquarters facility.
• Create airframe structural designs based on trade studies, research and analysis.
• Coordinate with other engineering, manufacturing or specialty personnel to resolve problems.
• Specific tasks include responding to data/action requests from procurement, manufacturing, tooling, etc.
• Execute Tasks to Cost and Schedule Requirements
• Support supplier / teammate design activity
• Support test activity, including test plan development, execution and reports
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required.
• Major in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering is preferred
• At least at least 5 years aerospace structural design or related experience is required
• Proficiency with aerospace design requirements verification is required
• Proficiency in CATIA V5 is required, V6 is preferred
• Proficiency with GD&T and general part sizing is required
• PC proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required
• Must have the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively to coordinate design activities and report status to program management
• Must be able to build and maintain effective relationships with customers, internal and external suppliers, as well as horizontal integrations across the other teams to complete design tasks.
• Familiarity with Planning, Manufacturing, Procurement and Maintenance processes is preferred
• Experience with ENOVIA preferred
Don't miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment where you feel a sense of belonging. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
Valid through: 2/18/2021