The Parsons Missile Defense and C5ISR market currently has a potential opening for a Systems Engineer to work in our Ramstein AFB, Germany offices. This an exciting opportunity to use your experience and skill supporting the USAFE – AFAFRICA team to bridge current operations and future Air Base Air Defense (ABAD) strategy, plans, and design. The Systems Engineer serves as the subject matter expert to the RADSIL on network computer hardware and software as well as multi domain security
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, information management or related discipline plus 6 years recent specialized experience; or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information management or related discipline plus 8 years recent specialized experience
- Possess thorough knowledge of network design and maintenance, fault isolation, performance monitoring, configuration management standards, principles, and techniques. Desired, but not required, is previous experience with LAN transmission, UNIX and Microsoft operating systems, signals
- processing, and troubleshooting
- Possess domain knowledge sufficient to assess, and document the performance of modern air defense systems
- Top Secret (TS) clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Source Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Ability to interface with various stakeholders and contractors to understand their technology/capabilities and how to employ it across the ABAD Weapons System
- Ability to develop necessary software code to fuse various systems together to operate within the ABAD Weapon System
- Experience with a wide spectrum of Air Force C2 systems (preferred)
- Familiar with and have basic operator skills with Microsoft Office and administrative level skills with Microsoft SharePoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, be customer oriented, and must operate independently
- Highly evolved writing and briefing skills
- Ability to effectively interact and brief senior Government civilian and military leadership
- Experience in working with USAFE and/or AFAFRICA is strongly desired
- Air Force C2 (Airborne Warning and Control System (AWAC)) experience within an Air Operations Center (AOC) and missile defense experience is also preferred
The anticipated annualized full time target compensation (median) for this position is: $120,000.00.
Benefits for this position include: medical, dental, vision, paid time off and 401K.
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.