- Manages all Underwriting within an AIGRM assigned Branch Office.Tailor production and profitability goals for respective region as established by AIGRM Home Office.
- This position has accountability for the business results of their Branch Office with respect to profitability, broker penetration, Casualty volume within a specific loss sensitive or reviewed naguaranteed cost account as well as across the AIGRM portfolio of business.
- Plans, manages, and evaluates work of staff; makes decisions regarding pay, performance management, development, employment, and staffing.
- Facilitate local decision making while ensuring the consistent execution of strategic initiatives.
- Drive consistent underwriting best practices and guidelines, in accordance with AIGRM Home Office directives, to ensure rating, pricing, profitability, and structuring adequacy.
- Ensure effective utilization of detailed monitoring standards including quality reviews and self-audits to assess underwriting results and compliance.
- Handle referrals within stated authority.
- Execution of division marketing strategy.
- Management of relationships between local customers and distribution partners.
- Strategic orientation, managing vision and purpose, developing organizational capability.
- Results orientation.
- Strong influencing and communications skills and ability to work across multiple areas of company and industries.
- Assessing and developing talent.
- Change and team leadership.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 7-9 years of Commercial Insurance Company, Agency or Brokerage experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Analytical and quantitative skills; familiarity with Actuarial Data.
- Knowledge of market segmentation, portfolio management, acquisition and distribution.
- Process and system skills.
- Experience with budgeting and expense control.