The ideal candidate will passionately drive and further advance innovations in the field of computer vision but not limited to machine learning based approaches. The work includes conducting advanced research and development of novel algorithms and guiding business units to bring innovation ideas to products. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Conduct advanced research and engineering in computer vision and machine learning/deep learning to address challenges of mixed reality, visual sensing and robotics for different Bosch application areas.
- Work with an international team of experts to transfer the results of advanced research to Bosch business units. When necessary, build prototypes to verify research ideas.
- Actively scout for the emerging technologies and predict market trends by monitoring tech news, events and seminars.
- Provide expert opinions on relevant technology areas to facilitate strategic planning, R&D roadmap development, and business investment.
- Summarize research findings in high-quality paper and/or patent submissions.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3+ years of research experience or equivalent graduate research experience for real-time, high quality computer vision and deep learning algorithms & systems.
- Hands on experiences in computer vision and deep learning topics, focused on at least two of the following areas: object detection/image segmentation, 3D reconstruction, Mixed Reality/ Augmented Reality/ SLAM, SFM, sensor fusion, state estimations, etc.
- Programming experience in C++, Python, or Java and hands on experience with libraries such as OpenCV, Tensorflow, and PyTorch.
- Publication record in top venues including CVPR, ICCV, ICRA, ISMAR, ECCV, NeurIPS, ICLR, TVCG, SIGGRAPH.
- Experience in working with hardware systems including sensors such as RGBD cameras, depth sensors, IMU, LIDAR, event cameras, etc.
- Experience in leading R&D project & team dealing with international customers.
- Experience in product development in the above mentioned areas for consumer/enterprise markets
- Strong leadership skills with excellent English communication & teamwork skills